Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending Presents

Sending Presents

Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

patricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the rough
Cool Sending Presents

I need some help please my daughter son in law and 3 granchildren are moving to Perth mid feb. I would like to get them some presents for when they arrrive. So they don't have to worry about carrying them on the flight also I thought it would be a nice surprise. As I don't know anyone in Australia can any of you help please. If I send a parcel over when would be the latest I could send it. Also flowers can I order on interfora?? Any advice would be gratefully received.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Draven is just really niceDraven is just really niceDraven is just really niceDraven is just really niceDraven is just really niceDraven is just really niceDraven is just really niceDraven is just really niceDraven is just really nice
Default Re: Sending Presents

Hi Patricia,

I normaly order prezzies for my partner and my 4 year old son (they are in Brisbane) from giftsaustralia.com efficient and quick and much cheaper than sending a parcel, you can also order flowers with them, or your local flower shop as long as they have the interflora sign.

Regards
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:09 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Hi Patricia,

You can order flowers fron Interflora.co.uk to be delievered in Australia or go to interflora.com.au for the Australian site (in AU$ instead of £ though).

Internet shopping is not as good as it is here in the UK, although I do order presents from Amazon.co.uk for my dad and the delivery charge is not too bad.

Michelle
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patricia
I need some help please my daughter son in law and 3 granchildren are moving to Perth mid feb. I would like to get them some presents for when they arrrive. So they don't have to worry about carrying them on the flight also I thought it would be a nice surprise. As I don't know anyone in Australia can any of you help please. If I send a parcel over when would be the latest I could send it. Also flowers can I order on interfora?? Any advice would be gratefully received.
Sorry can't help you on the present side of things, I just wanted to say what a lovely thought.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:07 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

We had some gifts sent to us this year from the UK and both couples used a company called www.wishlist.com.au - they are Melbourne based and not sure what area they cover but you have a look at their website to check it out.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:57 am
Just Joined

patricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Sending Presents

Originally Posted by Vanessa
We had some gifts sent to us this year from the UK and both couples used a company called www.wishlist.com.au - they are Melbourne based and not sure what area they cover but you have a look at their website to check it out.
Hi

Thank you to all of you that replied I will try the websites you have suggested.
My husband and I moved to Spain last March and found our local message boards really helpful. So has my daughter using the Australian ones. We are really looking forward to visiting her once she has settled. So thanks once again.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:18 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by patricia
Another good site to check out is EBAY.com.au a lot of folk have their own shop front on ebay now so you can buy new stuff as well as second hand. My sister used them to send me a gift at Christmas, it was a lovely surprise and it even came wrapped.