Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sending my passport off to get my visa?

sending my passport off to get my visa?

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road
Default sending my passport off to get my visa?

hi, i got my visa grant 2 week ago, do i just send my passport off to australia house in london with a copy of my visa grant and a return envolope? thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default Re: sending my passport off to get my visa?

We sent ours by recorded delivery and with a self addressed recorded delivery envelope enclosed along with the grant letter. I'm sure all the info was with the visa grant letter.
Gary
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

yeah most of it was but doesnt say owt about recorded delievery, does it have to b or did u do that 4 piece of mind?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonny83
yeah most of it was but doesnt say owt about recorded delievery, does it have to b or did u do that 4 piece of mind?
Mine said that it had to be 'Royal mail special delivery' so you have to purchase the 'special delivery silver pouch' from the post office and enclose a pre paid one for the passports to be returned. Cost us about £8 I think.
Post office were really helpful and pretty much did it for us.

Alison x
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the rough

Have a look at the Australia House website....

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/visaevid.html