Sending Med's

Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:47 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Sending Med's

I've just tried arranging for Fedex to come and pickup my Med's and police checks for delivery to Oz. I'll be including my X-Rays in the shipment, however, Fedex say they only provide A4 size envelops (X-RAYS bigger than A4 size).

What have other people done who have couriered there med's and X-ray to Oz? Do you package it yourselve? If so what did you use or where did you get it from? Anyone else had this experience with Fedex? Any other couriers that you could recomend which may be more helpfull.

Thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:17 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending Med's

Hi

Our meds went TNT, doc sent them direct, no problems

Walla
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:47 pm
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by elksa
I've just tried arranging for Fedex to come and pickup my Med's and police checks for delivery to Oz. I'll be including my X-Rays in the shipment, however, Fedex say they only provide A4 size envelops (X-RAYS bigger than A4 size).

What have other people done who have couriered there med's and X-ray to Oz? Do you package it yourselve? If so what did you use or where did you get it from? Anyone else had this experience with Fedex? Any other couriers that you could recomend which may be more helpfull.

Thanks.

Elksa, you beat me to it - I was going to ask exactly the same thing.
I have been to all the stationery places in the area and I can't find an envelope big enough. I know some people have not sent the x ray film and have had no problem but our letter definately states medicals, xray report and x ray film to be sent.
I was wondering if I wrapped the envelope and other things(police clearance)
in brown paper and then maybe get a courier to take it.

Anyone ahead of us had the same problem? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:55 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjj
Elksa, you beat me to it - I was going to ask exactly the same thing.
I have been to all the stationery places in the area and I can't find an envelope big enough. I know some people have not sent the x ray film and have had no problem but our letter definately states medicals, xray report and x ray film to be sent.
I was wondering if I wrapped the envelope and other things(police clearance)
in brown paper and then maybe get a courier to take it.

Anyone ahead of us had the same problem? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

Our Dr sent meds direct for us as he was under the impression he had to and as I say went by TNT.

If you are sending them yourselves by courier it should be ok to wrap them in brown paper and get the courier to deliver. What I would suggest thou is if you do it this way get some strong cardboard and sandwich the x ray films in between 2 pieces.

Walla
Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:11 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Several people have posted in the past that when sending their x-rays they rolled them & put them in a poster tube.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hi,

i sent mine in one of those calender-boxes that companies use to send calenders (as a x-mas presents for example) to their customers and business-relations - hope this makes sense, dont know how else to describe it - basically: just a big flat box, lots larger than A4.
as the box was only one layer of cardboard, i put some extra cardboard sheet in it (and a complete roll of packing-tape on it...)

good luck with it!

tanja
Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:54 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by saraliz
Several people have posted in the past that when sending their x-rays they rolled them & put them in a poster tube.
Good idea, never thought of that

Walla
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by walla1
Good idea, never thought of that

Walla

well, thanks - wasnt my idea really, but after i got the whole office looking for postertubes in, on and under cupboards for two days (are you sure you've looked there? yes, i am! could you please have another look? again? yes, again!) my boss came up with it....i think by that time she would've been ready to deliver it personally if that got me back to work...