Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending important letter back to UK

Sending important letter back to UK

Old Sep 7th 2011, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Sending important letter back to UK

Hi Guys

Can anybody please advise me I need to send an important letter back to Student Finance for my daughter who is starting at Uni in the UK next week.

I am little concerned they are not going to get it in time for their deadline of 10th September.

Is there any post you can send to the UK on a day basis or something please?

Any advice is this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending important letter back to UK

Originally Posted by debs1966
Hi Guys

Can anybody please advise me I need to send an important letter back to Student Finance for my daughter who is starting at Uni in the UK next week.

I am little concerned they are not going to get it in time for their deadline of 10th September.

Is there any post you can send to the UK on a day basis or something please?

Any advice is this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Debbie
There's an International Express Post, think thats the quickest you'll get, takes at least 25 hours cos thats the quickest flight time

Can you email them with it and follow up with hard copy?
Old Sep 8th 2011, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

we had something posted by DHL and it took a day and a half. Also cost about 100 dollars - that was a few years ago. Their website does say 2-5 days now though.

if it needs to be there by the 10th and its the 8th now, thats really cutting it fine though, and I would potentially make plans for it not being received on time!

can you fax/scan it to them so they can act on it, and advise that the originals are ins express post?
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

We just did something very simular, as the uni would not accept electronic then hard copy.
We used the postal service paid the $13 for registered delivery, it got there in 4 days