Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling your house yourself

Selling your house yourself

Old Jun 21st 2003, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Selling your house yourself

Has anyone used one of the Internet companies that you can post your house on to sell?

I am quite interested in the idea as it is going to cost c£6000 in estate Agent fees to let them sell it.

I thought it might be worth a try for a couple of months. Does anyone know which ones are good to use?

Thanks a lot

Tina
Old Jun 21st 2003, 4:26 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Selling your house yourself

Originally posted by tinaj
Has anyone used one of the Internet companies that you can post your house on to sell?

I am quite interested in the idea as it is going to cost c£6000 in estate Agent fees to let them sell it.

I thought it might be worth a try for a couple of months. Does anyone know which ones are good to use?

Thanks a lot

Tina

Why don't you try the free paper Loot first of all or there is a company call LINK that also charge a small amount, our house is with an agent but if its not sold soon I am going to give them both a try, my uncle sold his house in Hertfordshire through Loot and somebody else i know sold through LINK. Good Luck.
Old Jun 21st 2003, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Tina
£6000 fee, your not selling through 'Countrywide' are you? thats who i work for and even i wouldn't see through them at that price!
rach
Old Jun 21st 2003, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Tina,

Someone down our street used this lot:-

http://www.halfapercent.com/

Mainly London, but covers Surrey too.

Regards
Karl.
Old Jun 21st 2003, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Tina
£6000 fee, your not selling through 'Countrywide' are you? thats who i work for and even i wouldn't see through them at that price!
rach
Yeah i work for countrywide too (sue) they are bloody exspensive, they dont do anymore for their money, just give you more bullshit, try the smaller agents first cus they are normally cheaper you shouldnt need to pay anymore than 1% in this market cus they are all after business,
Ive been on the market since feb, and still yet to sell and i work there!!!
good luck
Old Jun 21st 2003, 7:36 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by tinaj

Thanks a lot

Tina
Jockney used http://www.propertybroker.com/sell.cfm to sell his house. I've looked into it and they charge £117. They take the pictures and you write the discription. We've had 3 estate agents round and have given us varios quotes, so I'll probably use them myself. After all, £6000 pays for the shipping and the flights.

Steve.