Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling your house? www.houseladder.com

Selling your house? www.houseladder.com

Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Question Selling your house? www.houseladder.com

A neighbour of mind has a board outside his house advertising his property as a private sale through www.houseladder.com

Thought it may be of interest to some of you who don't want to shell out loads of commission to estate agents for not doing any awful lot.

Apparently, if you are advertising with an agent you can also advertise through this site & not have to pay any commission to the agent as per goverment regs.

Do have a browse...
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default Re: Selling your house? www.houseladder.com

Last edited by Caroline G; Jul 30th 2004 at 8:41 am.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Just bumping it back up.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:48 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Sounds interesting. Anything to save money. Has anyone on here used / using them or know of someone who has?
Old Jul 30th 2004, 11:16 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carl B
Sounds interesting. Anything to save money. Has anyone on here used / using them or know of someone who has?
Yes, I'd be interest to hear of any success (or otherwise) stories..
Old Jul 30th 2004, 11:56 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bridiej
Yes, I'd be interest to hear of any success (or otherwise) stories..
Im about to use them so will keep you all posted!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

chaleyscott will become famous soon enoughchaleyscott will become famous soon enough

I am thinking of paying for houseladder for the upgrade service - did any of you find it was worthwhile?

Originally Posted by lucyb
Im about to use them so will keep you all posted!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chaleyscott
I am thinking of paying for houseladder for the upgrade service - did any of you find it was worthwhile?
i'm using www.mpfs.co.uk (my property for sale). have to say i am quite impressed. they are very efficient and helpful and this week i have had a new contact just about every day. it cost 140 including a free for sale board and includes promotion on fish4, asserta, propertyfinder etc. i would def recommend them. you can update your page anytime and they are super quick at dealing with it (minutes if during working hours) and there is no limit to the number of photos you can include. they are ideal for contacting potential purchasers outside of the local rag range. i have had contacts from all over. first viewer from the site coming on sunday. we've been with them 4 weeks now but its really picked up, as i say, this week. feel a bit bad adding this bit but i think that if you quote my ref; 2004, and then use them they reward me. or that might have been a dream. i might have to check that. sounds like one of my dreams.

anyway best of luck all.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:11 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caroline G
A neighbour of mind has a board outside his house advertising his property as a private sale through www.houseladder.com

Thought it may be of interest to some of you who don't want to shell out loads of commission to estate agents for not doing any awful lot.

Apparently, if you are advertising with an agent you can also advertise through this site & not have to pay any commission to the agent as per goverment regs.

Do have a browse...
There's another one called halfpercent
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraser
There's another one called www.halfpercent.co.uk
i think the trick is to search in the way that you would if you were looking on the web for a property like your own. the sites that come up are the ones that will come up for others of course. be sure to use a site that comes up in searches for property for sale, not just how to sell privately. you will pay a little more for sites that include use of asserta etc because they are the ones that agents use. its definitely worth a bit of research first. cheapest is not best.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:19 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ahoy
i think the trick is to search in the way that you would if you were looking on the web for a property like your own. the sites that come up are the ones that will come up for others of course. be sure to use a site that comes up in searches for property for sale, not just how to sell privately. you will pay a little more for sites that include use of asserta etc because they are the ones that agents use. its definitely worth a bit of research first. cheapest is not best.

Sorry that should be www.halfapercent.com
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:19 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyone who's had success with this sort of advertising?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:26 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ahoy
Hiya

Yes, you're right - cheapest is not necessarily best. As well as being with an agent we also advertised privately with www.privatehousesforsale.co.uk for £40ish all in, including half a dozen pictures. Although we now have a buyer through the agent, we have left it advertised privately and, in 2 months total, we have had precisely NIL enquiries!!

If you go down this route - use the sites that charge about £150 - £200.

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:49 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Caroline G

Do have a browse...
This is only true if you do not have a contract stating "sole selling agent". If you have this in your contract you are bound to them until your contract expires.
We are thinking of going with these too as our contract does not state sole selling agent. There is however one thing that bothers me. Recently I paid £96 to a company with same address to advertise and sell my car. They assured me that they had 7 buyers lined up, so I parted with cash. Yes, they fulfilled their contract by getting me online but not one person called about the car.
My advice, only place an ad on free part, do not part with any money. If someone has used them before and managed to sell, I will then be happy to part with cash. Until then, I'm too :scared: to lose anymore money.
Sarah
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

chaleyscott will become famous soon enoughchaleyscott will become famous soon enough

Who do people think is the best private online house sellers? I am going go for it and pay the £150 or whatever it is but have yet to decide which company to go with. Houseweb, Houseladder and the Little House Company all look good but would love to hear anyone elses experiences of these or other companies. Getting pretty desperate now after 6 months on the market and only 2 viewings!!!! We changed agents in January to the most expensive and prolific in our area but even that hasn't worked.

Originally Posted by teach
This is only true if you do not have a contract stating "sole selling agent". If you have this in your contract you are bound to them until your contract expires.
We are thinking of going with these too as our contract does not state sole selling agent. There is however one thing that bothers me. Recently I paid £96 to a company with same address to advertise and sell my car. They assured me that they had 7 buyers lined up, so I parted with cash. Yes, they fulfilled their contract by getting me online but not one person called about the car.
My advice, only place an ad on free part, do not part with any money. If someone has used them before and managed to sell, I will then be happy to part with cash. Until then, I'm too :scared: to lose anymore money.
Sarah