Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling your house!!!!!!!!!

Selling your house!!!!!!!!!

Old May 24th 2003, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

From past experience I found that you really have to badger the estate agents - daily in my case - I feel I become the client from hell - and have learnt that this works for me.

I have sold all of our houses in a matter of days (1 in 3 hours) You must make them earn their percentage

All that said and done - ours is going up in a couple of weeks (decorator in at present) and could take ages this time just to prove me wrong.

Keep smiling all of you -- if it was meant to happen ---it WILL.

If you loose out on a few bucks - "sunshine dont cost nothing in Oz!"

MaggieLou
Old May 24th 2003, 4:34 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by PADDAD
Ooh everything is crossed for you Jo! The stress of it all is unbearable, I know!

Thanks. Well the agent is now closed until tomorrow so I think a drink is needed. I guess no news is good news. The agent said if the buyer really wants the house which we believe he does then he will find the extra grand

You would think I would learn this is the 4th house sale in 3 years.

Must be mad!

Jo
Old May 24th 2003, 4:43 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MaggieLou
From past experience I found that you really have to badger the estate agents - daily in my case - I feel I become the client from hell - and have learnt that this works for me.

I have sold all of our houses in a matter of days (1 in 3 hours) You must make them earn their percentage

All that said and done - ours is going up in a couple of weeks (decorator in at present) and could take ages this time just to prove me wrong.

Keep smiling all of you -- if it was meant to happen ---it WILL.

If you loose out on a few bucks - "sunshine dont cost nothing in Oz!"

MaggieLou
I now am the proud owner of an email from my estate agent stating I was excessive in my communications with them (made me feel good not!).

I will - if the sale finally goes through owe them slightly under 4000 UK pounds for the priviledge.

But what is really making me laugh they sent me a form to fill in on their perfomance (hee hee hee bloody hee). I have already binned it...my observations are in the hands of my solicitor.

I have bought and sold many times in the UK, but this was a nightmare....I basically ended up (because I am in Aus) believing this lot thought they could take the pee.
Old May 24th 2003, 4:57 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
There speaks a copy of PB - talking about a subject of which he knows little. Ther ARElkazy and bad estate agents but they do not last long There is a great deal going on behind the scenes of which the seller is oblivious and once a sale has been agreed the phone in the estate agents does not stop rinning qith queries which the solicitors SHOULD deal but everyone know they charge extra for a phone call or letter so the idea is let the agent sort it out. Believe me I have worked for two excellent indepemndent agents and we know the extra effort that is put in by a reputable agent don't paint them all with the same brush

Can I ask a serious question....If the estate agent finds a buyer they present as being in certain position., ie ready to proceed, are they not then liable for that information?

In our experience, Actually no according to the one we worked with. After being told this buyer was ready to proceed with mortgage offer in place etc, it has gone on and on. I agree with you many parts of this may be a solicitor situation which we have now got to. But at what point is this clear.

So you are saying we get the estate agent to find a buyer...someone who says yes I want it...and the rest is up to us?

I could do that amount for myself on the internet....if the estate agent has no liability about the buyers they introduce, big deal. Then state that in their material they present when advertising themselves. In most cases the agent phones you and says show this person round....I at least expect they have checked background and addresses of the person they are sending round?

No sorry I have no respect for the job or the profession....and would never again trust one of my biggest commitments in terms of finance to such a group of charletans that advertise themselves as the biggest in Berkshire.

(PS my Sister in Law worked for many a year with estate agents and has not a bad word to say about them either) I am talking about this as my experience as a customer.