selling up

Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:32 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future
Default Re: selling up

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
we sold up too , just waiting for the visa now

would rather be waiting for a visa than waiting for a house to sell
We got the visa we are waiting to sell the house, its been a nightmare of a journey to get the visa, thought we would sell the house no problems (wrong) the estate agents told us we would sell to the first people through the door, great we thought but no people, I wish I had put it on the market earlier :curse:
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:55 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveplumber
We got the visa we are waiting to sell the house, its been a nightmare of a journey to get the visa, thought we would sell the house no problems (wrong) the estate agents told us we would sell to the first people through the door, great we thought but no people, I wish I had put it on the market earlier :curse:
whereabouts are you?

Buzzy
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

I've not been too worried about the house selling but the other week had our first viewing. Really excited and then they put an offer in for 13k UNDER the asking price. The cheek

Told em to stick it. We're not quite that desperate..

yet
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
well i keep looking at estate agents incase i've gotta buy again!!!!!!!

please diac don;t let that be the case
us 2. we took a drop of 10k cos they are cash buyers. didnt want the hassle of a chain.but my part of bargain was we exchange asap but we dont move out til end of june. so we can book flights etc.
p.s we are still wating for visas
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

We have put our house on the market before applying for our visa....

We thought it would be very straightforward as we live in a desirable area and have a nice house. Problem was we accepted a cash offer from a lady who really messed us around, so in the end it fell through and we are now having to change start dates of my college course and changing all our plans. We now have another offer, survey and everything now done and are hoping nothing goes wrong this time, but my advice is if you need the money to fund your move to Oz is to get your house sold asap, one less thing to worry about and it can be a nightmare.

Good luck to all those who are in the same situation

Est x
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:56 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
whereabouts are you?

Buzzy
Were in Braintree in Essex, fancy a nice 4 bed edwardian house ?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by irishman
Thats an absolutely excellent idea, have you tried it???
Yes, we have tried it. We have been renting in Australia for over a year in order to research areas with a view to buying. Also, to see how well our UK house worked as a rental property.

We've recently made an offer on an Australian house and it's going through at the moment.

Last edited by Caroline G; Mar 25th 2007 at 11:00 pm.