Selling Stuff

Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:13 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Selling Stuff

We have loads of bits and pieces to sell

Done the Boot Sale, Papers etc now looks like a job for the rubbish tip!

Some people offer so little that you are inclined to through it away instead!

What is everyone doing with their surplus stuff

PJ
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:28 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Selling Stuff

How about a garage sale?? Less hassle that a boot sale as you dont have to wrap and pack everything, or get up at the crack of dawn!

Failing that, any decent stuff you could donate to a local charity shop - I'm sure they'd be glad of it!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:32 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally Posted by bridiej
How about a garage sale?? Less hassle that a boot sale as you dont have to wrap and pack everything, or get up at the crack of dawn!

Failing that, any decent stuff you could donate to a local charity shop - I'm sure they'd be glad of it!

Yup I kind of think the charity shop is the right route.

Might also make me feel good about it

PJ
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Yup I kind of think the charity shop is the right route.

Might also make me feel good about it

PJ
I recently gave away my entire vinyl record collection, plus some childhood stuff I'd been hanging onto, to charity shops. It's as good a home as any....
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:40 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

PJ
Hi Ya,
We are down to our last few bits & pieces aswell,luckily enough our buyers are wanting everything in the house so that saved us a load of hassle,
But as for clothes ive gave bags upon bags to charity,our girls have so many toys & books so will give them to charity or playgroups,hospitals etc..
If someone else can get the use of them great!
Done car boot :scared: not doing that again!!
In the process of bubblewraping all our ornaments etc... at the moment ready to send of to OZ.
My living room is bare,less polishing for me!!
Donna.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:00 pm
togooff&things

With us, we have a weekly ritual to get through our stuff (started a year ago!):
1) stuff goes on e-bay
If not sold:
2) To car bootie x3 weeks
If not sold:
3) Charity

Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

PJ
Having a bring and buy party - people have got to bring some drink and buy something, whether it be a bed, 3 piece suite or an egg cup - cannot leave house without buying - cannot enter without bringing!
Cas
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

PJ
We did about 4 boot sales, and on the last one, we were practically giving stuff away, and still people didn't want it. so ended up taking it all to a charity shop. made about 200 quid though on 4 boot sales, so it was worth it in the long run.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

i took virtually brand new baby things to our local charity shop, pushchair and moses basket included (immaculate), the embarassed lady who worked there said, they are lovely but we can't take them, due to health and safety laws!!!! we can take the clothes and bedding but not the other things, in case a child gets hurt from them...

tried the local nursery, same story!

you know that expression you can't give it away! just a word of warning!

bob...
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

PJ
I've decided to sell everything apart from clothes (and suitcases!) and a few sentimental things which are going to be looked after here.
Thought that a lot of my furniture would not be 'right' in Aus - dark wood for eg and I don't know what sort/size house I will end up in - so, anyway I am selling the lot!
Just want nice first-time buyers to want everything - including my car and the food in the cupboard - there I go dreaming again...........
Cas
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I've decided to sell everything apart from clothes (and suitcases!) and a few sentimental things which are going to be looked after here.
Thought that a lot of my furniture would not be 'right' in Aus - dark wood for eg and I don't know what sort/size house I will end up in - so, anyway I am selling the lot!
Just want nice first-time buyers to want everything - including my car and the food in the cupboard - there I go dreaming again...........
Cas
Always good to dream Cas....

I think you're doing the right thing anyway.

Cheers! (pretend it's a JD!)
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Always good to dream Cas....

I think you're doing the right thing anyway.

Cheers! (pretend it's a JD!)
Told you - don't drink JD alone!!!
Sent you a PM, but seeing as you have sent this post, ignore it!
Cas
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:24 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Ya,
We are down to our last few bits & pieces aswell,luckily enough our buyers are wanting everything in the house so that saved us a load of hassle,
But as for clothes ive gave bags upon bags to charity,our girls have so many toys & books so will give them to charity or playgroups,hospitals etc..
If someone else can get the use of them great!
Done car boot :scared: not doing that again!!
In the process of bubblewraping all our ornaments etc... at the moment ready to send of to OZ.
My living room is bare,less polishing for me!!
Donna.
we gave a lot of thing to family and friends. it was strange when we went for a visit before we left. every house we went to had something of ours
take some photos of packing. when u get here its great to look back at the empty house. i bet your really excited now. its getting closer.
good luck !!!!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:28 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Told you - don't drink JD alone!!!
Sent you a PM, but seeing as you have sent this post, ignore it!
Cas
It's OK Cas, you will never be drinking JD alone, I'm always on it

Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:19 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Having a bring and buy party - people have got to bring some drink and buy something, whether it be a bed, 3 piece suite or an egg cup - cannot leave house without buying - cannot enter without bringing!
Cas

Brilliant

PJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.