Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling houses in Australia

Selling houses in Australia

Old Mar 31st 2017, 8:42 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Selling houses in Australia

I went to an auction of a house round the corner from us to be nosy. Unusually, it was held on a Thursday evening.

I went through the front door of the house and it was like being at the best house party ever. The auctioneers had put on beer, wine, food, a live duo singing elevator music, the works. There were about 300 people there, about half of whom I knew. We were quite sad when it was time to start the bidding and end the party.

The whole gig must have cost the agents about $2000 tops, but as a way to demonstrate to potential purchasers what a friendly neighbourhood we live in, it was priceless.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling houses in Australia

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I went to an auction of a house round the corner from us to be nosy. Unusually, it was held on a Thursday evening.

I went through the front door of the house and it was like being at the best house party ever. The auctioneers had put on beer, wine, food, a live duo singing elevator music, the works. There were about 300 people there, about half of whom I knew. We were quite sad when it was time to start the bidding and end the party.

The whole gig must have cost the agents about $2000 tops, but as a way to demonstrate to potential purchasers what a friendly neighbourhood we live in, it was priceless.
Get the punters drunk, they tend to extend their upper limit and become more competitive.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 10:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you did your research Buzzy, you could wine and dine every night for free

Clever marketing/selling strategy by the agent.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Did it work though?
Old Apr 5th 2017, 4:43 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Did it work though?
Good question.

What a great and unique idea though - never seen anything of the sort on those Aussie tv shows showing home makeovers/auctions/etc.!

P.S. Did you post a short video on youtube from the party?
Old Apr 5th 2017, 11:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Good question.

What a great and unique idea though - never seen anything of the sort on those Aussie tv shows showing home makeovers/auctions/etc.!

P.S. Did you post a short video on youtube from the party?
I'd be a bit twitchy about having that many people in my home. A fair chance of having something nicked or damaged I'd have thought. I don't even like the idea of having open house days. Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be a bit twitchy about having that many people in my home. A fair chance of having something nicked or damaged I'd have thought. I don't even like the idea of having open house days. Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid.
If it gives you an extra 100,000 on your house sale, steal all you want.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 12:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Beoz
If it gives you an extra 100,000 on your house sale, steal all you want.
You may have a point! However if it doesn't sell and someone's taken Aunt Matilda's pearl necklace you'd be pissed.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You may have a point! However if it doesn't sell and someone's taken Aunt Matilda's pearl necklace you'd be pissed.
That's disgusting
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Beoz
That's disgusting
That is not what I meant!
Old Apr 6th 2017, 5:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Beoz wins BE today
Old Apr 16th 2017, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

What happened at the actual auction? Did the ploy work? (sounds like a fun neighbourhood!)