Selling houses

Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling houses

Ughhhh
Doesn't it just make you want to rent for the rest of your life or choose a house that you plan on dieing in ???

So we've dropped the house price 3 times - really can't afford to drop it anymore - well thats a fib but we want a reserve after cars and deposits etc are paid for incase of incidents etc? I really don't want to go out there and have NOTHING worth mentioning left over after initial set up, especially as our plans are to move to Sydney at the moment.
As it stands we should have a bit left over after initial set up etc or to go toward a house in the future.
However time is a HUGE issue now, we need to be out in Oz by June as thats when the companies contract offer ends !

After having paid out for visa's for everyone now we don't want to NOT move to Oz at all if we can't get out to Sydney in time, but Sydney is so expensive we've been looking at areas about an hour away from Mr JenJen's work just to get the sort of house and area we want.

The clock is ticking away from us........................... and the Sydney move is looking less and less likely.
As is not having to do two tax returns forms which was a major headache last year.

After June our only time constraint is December which is when my daughters visa validation runs out.

Got a couple of friends in Brisbane who I know would be a huge help if we moved there but i've just done a quick job search for Mr JenJen and come up with nout :O
He said he doesn't have to be a maintenance electrical engineer (not sure what else he'd do as he's done that since he left school over 15 years ago).
Mr JenJen just wants to get out to Oz - fed up living here in blighty
Plus being limited as to where we could stay initially on arrival in Sydney i'm dreading looking for somewhere in say Brisbane cause there's 6 of us.

Jen

Could do with some good vibes ppl if you can send us some please???
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

GoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really nice
Default Re: Selling houses

Originally Posted by JenJen
Ughhhh
Doesn't it just make you want to rent for the rest of your life or choose a house that you plan on dieing in ???

So we've dropped the house price 3 times - really can't afford to drop it anymore - well thats a fib but we want a reserve after cars and deposits etc are paid for incase of incidents etc? I really don't want to go out there and have NOTHING worth mentioning left over after initial set up, especially as our plans are to move to Sydney at the moment.
As it stands we should have a bit left over after initial set up etc or to go toward a house in the future.
However time is a HUGE issue now, we need to be out in Oz by June as thats when the companies contract offer ends !

After having paid out for visa's for everyone now we don't want to NOT move to Oz at all if we can't get out to Sydney in time, but Sydney is so expensive we've been looking at areas about an hour away from Mr JenJen's work just to get the sort of house and area we want.

The clock is ticking away from us........................... and the Sydney move is looking less and less likely.
As is not having to do two tax returns forms which was a major headache last year.

After June our only time constraint is December which is when my daughters visa validation runs out.

Got a couple of friends in Brisbane who I know would be a huge help if we moved there but i've just done a quick job search for Mr JenJen and come up with nout :O
He said he doesn't have to be a maintenance electrical engineer (not sure what else he'd do as he's done that since he left school over 15 years ago).
Mr JenJen just wants to get out to Oz - fed up living here in blighty
Plus being limited as to where we could stay initially on arrival in Sydney i'm dreading looking for somewhere in say Brisbane cause there's 6 of us.

Jen

Could do with some good vibes ppl if you can send us some please???
Same position, I've had an seemingly endless supply of people through the doors, at least 30+ viewings to date: one stupid offer, one illegal and one sensible but they weren't proceedable. I would have taken sensible one, even though it was considerably lower than I originally expected...

Its getting to the stage where its not viable to make the move. I already looked at renting, but my financial advisor told me to take the hit, short term pain long term gain.

Had a crisis family meeting this evening, and are now changing agents, but have vowed to continue. The UKs long term economics looks extremely bad, so we are considering the losses as being part of the investment we have to pay to improve our circumstances in the longer term

Or at least its easy to say that...
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

GoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really nice

Originally Posted by GoldCoastOrBust
Same position, I've had an seemingly endless supply of people through the doors, at least 30+ viewings to date: one stupid offer, one illegal and one sensible but they weren't proceedable. I would have taken sensible one, even though it was considerably lower than I originally expected...

Its getting to the stage where its not viable to make the move. I already looked at renting, but my financial advisor told me to take the hit, short term pain long term gain.

Had a crisis family meeting this evening, and are now changing agents, but have vowed to continue. The UKs long term economics looks extremely bad, so we are considering the losses as being part of the investment we have to pay to improve our circumstances in the longer term

Or at least its easy to say that...
PS my original job offer was withdrawn, but I now have another three possibles in the pipeline.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

PS my original job offer was withdrawn, but I now have another three possibles in the pipeline.
You can understand why people end up going to AA meetings can't you LOL

we've had another 5 ppl in the last 2 weeks. The last lot i'm sure just turned up cause it's half term and the weathers crap

Best of luck and hope this new agent pulls they're finger out and gets your house sold soon

X
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JenJen
You can understand why people end up going to AA meetings can't you LOL

we've had another 5 ppl in the last 2 weeks. The last lot i'm sure just turned up cause it's half term and the weathers crap

Best of luck and hope this new agent pulls they're finger out and gets your house sold soon

X
Nine sets since the beginning of the year. Always get incredibly positive feedback, thats the most frustrating thing.

And yes, I've forsaken the booze again until at least tomorrow...
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:15 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Nine sets since the beginning of the year. Always get incredibly positive feedback, thats the most frustrating thing.

And yes, I've forsaken the booze again until at least tomorrow...
Well I am off to a Flying start....................!
I have only just put the house on the Market this week, after having the decorators/carpet fitters in to 'tart' it up - AND then.......TODAY the Pigging water tank in the attic erupted like a Sh*ti*g Volcano and now got what looks like crap stains on my newly painted ceiling....... You can bloody guarantee that we'll get a flurry of potential viweings, now we can't have 'em! Life is sweet isn't it........!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rahrah
Well I am off to a Flying start....................!
I have only just put the house on the Market this week, after having the decorators/carpet fitters in to 'tart' it up - AND then.......TODAY the Pigging water tank in the attic erupted like a Sh*ti*g Volcano and now got what looks like crap stains on my newly painted ceiling....... You can bloody guarantee that we'll get a flurry of potential viweings, now we can't have 'em! Life is sweet isn't it........!
I feel your pain... a couple of months back I moved the fridge and completely trashed the kitchen floor. A quick trip to homebase and a weekend of manic activity and its fixed again - good luck!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:23 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

I feel your pain... a couple of months back I moved the fridge and completely trashed the kitchen floor. A quick trip to homebase and a weekend of manic activity and its fixed again - good luck!
And then there are the kids.......on a permenant mission to become the first human cyclone!!!! I never knew my 7 year old could generate so much mess in less than a minute before...!! Either she has always done it and I never noticed before, OR she has a new UNDESIRABLE skill.. Bless her (NOT!)
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

And then there are the kids.......on a permenant mission to become the first human cyclone!!!! I never knew my 7 year old could generate so much mess in less than a minute before...!! Either she has always done it and I never noticed before, OR she has a new UNDESIRABLE skill.. Bless her (NOT!)
We invented a technique with our four year old. Bought a load of plastic boxes for all the toys. Just before a viewing, he and the rest of the family go out - I then madly run around chucking all his stuff into the boxes then move them into the garage!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

We invented a technique with our four year old. Bought a load of plastic boxes for all the toys. Just before a viewing, he and the rest of the family go out - I then madly run around chucking all his stuff into the boxes then move them into the garage!
On the plus side, at this time of the year I haven't got to mow the lawn on a Friday evening...
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:36 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

On the plus side, at this time of the year I haven't got to mow the lawn on a Friday evening...
Oh Joy........isn't this fun! All this work and still no salw. All the best of luck to you
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Oh Joy........isn't this fun! All this work and still no salw. All the best of luck to you
Wife and I are sitting here laughing away - more hysteria than anything else, but it always helps to know there are others out there with the same problems!

Best of luck to ya as well!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:36 am
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

Oh the joys that I have to come. House going up for sale at the beginning of March - We leave in September so I know we will be pushing it a bit.
Has any one used mypropertyforsale.co.uk to sell thier house?
Has anyone actually sold thier house in the last 6 months?
Kelly
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kjj
Oh the joys that I have to come. House going up for sale at the beginning of March - We leave in September so I know we will be pushing it a bit.
Has any one used mypropertyforsale.co.uk to sell thier house?
Has anyone actually sold thier house in the last 6 months?
Kelly
Another second viewing tomorrow, just AFTER I served notice on the agents, guess they must have got on the phone pdq... Mind you this is, I believe, our fifth or sixth second viewing.

Oh and yet another viewing on Saturday, from SSTC people.

Nothing like the prospect of a loss of commision to make things happen.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

I don't mind a few toys laying about but our daughter as ours sons before her like they're room to be blacked out when they nap or sleep - so each viewing all the sheets at the window have to come down and be hidden. The boys nearly always have half a dozen clothes in the bottom of they're wardrobe - don't ask me why !
We live in a hard water area so we have to rush round cleaning the bath, shower and sinks with de-scaler.

The kids seem to be able to get fluff out of they're socks even though they're not new and it gets trodden in the carpet and then you practically have to mash the hoover in the carpet to get it out. The kids have toys everywhere and bits of paper everywhere from drawings and stories or notes to friends and each other.

Mr JenJen told the agents the other day please don't send ppl round who aren't in interested in buying... one guy came round particulars in hand only to report the kitchen was too small - errr the sizes of rooms are in the particulars, my husband told them it would be like him test driving a ford focus but wanting a Mondeo with no intention of buying the focus.

We have to draw some lines though ppl kept wanting to view in the evening.... well after 6:30pm our house is no go as my daughter has a bath then and is in bed for 7 - 7:30pm.
And no viewings between 11:30am and 14:30pm as my daughter normally has a nap !!!!
We don't plan much but what we do plan with the kids I won't cancel anymore, it gets disheartening when you have so many viewings yet the ppl haven't put they're on the market yet, or are waiting to get a buyer for they'res or the latest one is a lady who put an offer on another house but the ppl are stalling and she's waited a month already to see if they'll accept the offer or not. So she's looked at ours and 2 others and has given them by the end of the weekend to accept her offer or she'll put an offer in on one of the three including us she's viewed -

Just sick of it all tbh

Yawn must go to bed now, as tomorrow the kids take priority we're going to throw some money away by taking them and a friend each bowling :O and then one of the friends is stopping overnight - heaven help us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.