Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling the house is worse than the visa wait

Wikiposts

Selling the house is worse than the visa wait

Old May 29th 2004, 9:01 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel for you guys.........took us 3 buyers and 18 mths to sell!
Talk about beeing stressed! I swore afterwards would never ever sell a house in the uk ever again!!!!

As for buying when we get there .....no way , the way things are looking unless its a deal i can't refuse then we're definately renting for the first 12mths.

all the best plum

ps Hang on in there people.....we did just about!!!!
Old May 30th 2004, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by plumber
Talk about beeing stressed! I swore afterwards would never ever sell a house in the uk ever again!!!!

As for buying when we get there .....no way , the way things are looking unless its a deal i can't refuse then we're definately renting for the first 12mths.

all the best plum

You've all really made my day, thanks guys. LOL

We put our house on the market officially yesterday but we are trying to sell it ourselves first over the internet. We've given ourselves 6 weeks to see how we get on before we go with those money grabbing estate agents.

Haven't heard from dimia yet but have booked meds for 2 weeks time and would like to sell house asap.

Here's hoping.

Lindsey
Old May 30th 2004, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

theresaconnor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I agree with Ianj and pants. It is John Mason all the way for me. Right from the initial survey through to delivery their professionalism shone through. Would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of moving.

Theresa
Old May 31st 2004, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Selling the house is worse than the visa wait

Ii've posted some suggestions on the thread
here
about selling to investors.

Forget what the papers say there are still loads of investors out there who want good property. Not everyone's property will be suitable but at least there is no chain with investors.

Good luck selling your place
Karen
Old May 31st 2004, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber

all the best plum

Yes Plumber, I remember your sale - horrendous - as was mine at about the same time.

Its amazing how after just 7 months here we are going through the process of trying to buy some land and the memory of selling that house in the UK seems so far away.

The situation isn't allowed to get that way here, as it shouldn't be in the UK either.
If I thought of ever going back to the UK, the thought of buying a house would very much sway my mind from the idea.

Whisky
Old May 31st 2004, 6:05 am
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Selling to peo0ple who are "investors".

Hmmmm... well, the people who WERE buyig ours wanted to buy to rent. It was good. No chain either way.. should be a quick deal etc.

Problem was they had no mortgage.

We havent quite told them to sod off.. may come to it soon.
Letting the market decide, as they say.

Problem with this kind of sale, is that the buyers have no incentive to rush... Unlike someone who wants/needs to live there.

horses for courses.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Sazzle
Selling to peo0ple who are "investors".

Hmmmm... well, the people who WERE buyig ours wanted to buy to rent. It was good. No chain either way.. should be a quick deal etc.

Problem was they had no mortgage.

We havent quite told them to sod off.. may come to it soon.
Letting the market decide, as they say.

Problem with this kind of sale, is that the buyers have no incentive to rush... Unlike someone who wants/needs to live there.

horses for courses.
Maybe you were unlucky? Most of the investors I know want to move quickly but are willing to move at the pace of the seller since they are not in a chain. That's certainly how we work it. Anyone who's being doing it for some time usually makes sure that they can get a mortgage first before even putting in an offer.

I hope you sell your place quickly.
Karen
Old May 31st 2004, 6:01 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

I would imagine most people would be more professional than ours.

I think these were first timers who were hoping to "get on the investment bandwagon".

We have just pushed them off.
Old May 31st 2004, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Well I think your place would probably be out of our price range since you're in Twickenham and I think that houses are pretty pricey there.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

TTFN,
Karen