Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling the house is worse than the visa wait

Wikiposts

Selling the house is worse than the visa wait

Old May 28th 2004, 5:48 am
Go Banana's !!

Unhappy Selling the house is worse than the visa wait

Haven't posted for a while. Hubs away in the week so don't get much time and haven't felt like I have much to contribute as it's hard to see past the red haze of house selling !!

I have some nice M&S crispy duck, spare ribs and prawn spring rolls waiting for Hubs and a bottle of vino. (called comfort eating)

Anyway getting back to the subject. Just to let you know still no sale. The elephant is still sat on a £2 coin on the windowsill (as per Bundy's advice).

One couple have been back four times !! and are talking about when they move in but have not quite got round to making that all important offer

Decided to go with Crown, they are not the cheapest but seem the best. I knocked them down to £4,500 - I was very proud of myself and I didn't have to sleep with him (that would have bumped the price right up )

Off to Disney Paris for 4 days on Monday, just Mum, me and littlen' (present from Mum) so that's a nice destraction

Good luck to everyone else waiting for that elusive house sale

Jill (Perth Sept 2004............)

Old May 28th 2004, 6:13 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Selling the house is worse than the visa wait

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Decided to go with Crown, they are not the cheapest but seem the best. I knocked them down to £4,500 - I was very proud of myself and I didn't have to sleep with him (that would have bumped the price right up )
As a matter of interest, why do you think they are the best?

We're getting quotes from them, John Mason & Pickfords. Blimey, hope I don't have to sleep with all the estimators in order to get a decent price - have got some other things to do before we go....

Anya.
Old May 28th 2004, 6:15 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Ahh the joys of house selling, have a lovely time in Disney with the little darling/s, have to agree its on a close call with the visa hassle but the only good thing is nobody can take that visa from you!!!
Old May 28th 2004, 6:16 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

PS:

Jill - very good luck with the house move - am sure it'll sell soon. Fingers crossed for you.

You made me very hungry - and envious re the M&S crispy duck!! Am trying to wean myself off such delicacies, until Philip Green buys M&S & decides to open branches Oz-wide

Anya.
Old May 28th 2004, 6:26 am
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we agreed our sale nearly 3 months ago, but the buyers are taking soooooo long.. we have put it back on the market.

If we get an offer we will play the new off against the old. And why not, houses just down the road..and its a short road are 30,000 more than we agreed... risen in the last 3 months.

So, by messing us around the buyer looses
Old May 28th 2004, 6:49 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by anya4oz

Anya.
Liked the door to door service as they do not sub contract out. Have an excellent tracking system and have made it easy for us to put aside boxes to get out of storage as soon as they arrive. It is likely our furnature will be in storage for about 9 months as we plan to build, but there is some stuff we'd like to get out before then - books, bikes etc and Pickfords wanted to charge extra for this and on top of that forklift truck time !!! There don't seem to be hidden extras with Crown.

Have read on here lots of people having problems with Pickford so have been put off.

BTW the crispy duck and spare ribs were lush !!

Jill

Old May 28th 2004, 7:34 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I sympathise: house on the market last week and five couples so far tramping through - all just look-sees from the look of it!

It will all happen, given time.......
Old May 28th 2004, 7:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you must have gone Jill

Hard time waiting for it all now eh?
So near yet so far

I am sure it will all happen very quickly and then you'll be complaining about lack of time:scared:

Best wishes

G
Old May 28th 2004, 7:58 am
Just Joined

GerryNC is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you all going to rent when your out there to see what happens with the house market ?

I noticed people getting panicky because of the house prices dropping in AUS
Old May 28th 2004, 9:18 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Grayling
Thought you must have gone Jill

I wouldn't dream of going without saying goodbye..........

Hard time waiting for it all now eh?
So near yet so far

Tell me about it

Best wishes

G

Thanks for the good wishes, off to bed now with a fuzzy head

Jill

PS When the house does sell the whole world will know about it !!!

Old May 28th 2004, 9:19 am
Go Banana's !!

PPS wouldn't dream of going without saying goodbye.... to my rock

Jill

Old May 29th 2004, 2:03 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
PPS wouldn't dream of going without saying goodbye.... to my rock

Jill

Hi Jill,

We are in the same boat.

Can't believe them people that keep coming back. Can't you tell them that they can't set foot through the door with their tape measures until you have had an offer??

Keep your pecker up. It will happen. That's what I keep telling myself anyways!!
Old May 29th 2004, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

mrttennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya!!
Guess what. Were in the exact same position - got the visas couple of weeks ago - thought we'd sold it then it fell through then sold it again and it fell through again now got loads of people looking. House buyers seem to be really taking the piss at the moment - good advice would be to make sure the estate agents keep marketing till you get to exchange - we sold stc back in Feb and are now once again 'for sale'.
We have however booked our one way flights on July 21st to Brissy. Hope we have sold by then!! If we haven't we'll just have to get by.
Good luck with your sale and try not to get stressed with it all. I keep telling myself it will all happen real quick.....eventually.
After initially thinking we would buy straight away over there we are now thinking rent for 6 months as Brisbane has just finished (I hope) a bit of a boom around 40% increase in 2 years. Maybe there will be a slight interest rate rise in a few days..... That would make the OZ property market interesting as they seem more sensitive to these increases over there. Is it me or are prices over here still rising????

Old May 29th 2004, 1:52 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz

We're getting quotes from them, John Mason & Pickfords. Blimey, hope I don't have to sleep with all the estimators in order to get a decent price - have got some other things to do before we go....

Anya.
Hi Anya and Jill

Just wanted to say that John Mason is highly recommended even for peeps moving back to the UK. As for Pickfords I have only heard bad experiences....

Hope all goes well for you...I am in the same position trying to sell house but mine is in OZ..!!!it's worldwide !!

Mhhhh M&S food..yummm can't wait to taste that again !!

Cheers

P
Old May 29th 2004, 7:21 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Anya,

For me its John Masons. When there estimator came to see me he was laid back, no hard sell and was more than happy to recommend what to leave and what to take.

All in all I just felt comfortable with Masons so thats who are shipping my gear.

As for the house, its a pain in the arse. My first fell through after getting a buyer, got another buyer now and contracts are in, searches being done and just waiting for exchange.

I am not booking anything until I get to exchange in case it all goes tits up again. Tits up, thats 12 years in the RAF for you......

Fingers crossed this time we go through and that by the end of July I am enjoying a cold one in the glorious Melbourne CBD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.