Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling house in UK from Australia

Selling house in UK from Australia

Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:52 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling house in UK from Australia

Has anybody left the sale of their house in the UK in the hands of a solicitor, while you have gone to Australia?

I'm in Melbourne, have a first-time buyer, but want to leave the rest of the sale in the hands of the solicitor.

I'm organised financially, leaving instructions to bank to transfer monies, once sale has been completed.

If someone has any experience of this, have there been any problems, and how do I go about it??

thanks, Cas

Last edited by carolinegorka; Jan 29th 2005 at 7:55 am.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:54 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Selling house in UK from Australia

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Has anybody left the sale of their house in the UK in the hands of a solicitor?

I'm in Melbourne, have a first-time buyer, but want to leave the rest of the sale in the hands of the solicitor.

If someone has any experience of this, have there been any problems, and how do ou go about it??

thanks, Cas
I did that. I gave him a power of attorney, and he handled "everything". Just some emails, and a few phone calls, to confirm the odd thing. It was "nice and easy"

Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:58 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I did that. I gave him a power of attorney, and he handled "everything". Just some emails, and a few phone calls, to confirm the odd thing. It was "nice and easy"
Thanks, what a quick reply!

At the moment my husband has POA, as I am the mortgage holder - I suppose this can be transferred easily enough. He is still in the UK, but needs to get over here asap.

Cas
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Thanks, what a quick reply!

At the moment my husband has POA, as I am the mortgage holder - I suppose this can be transferred easily enough. He is still in the UK, but needs to get over here asap.

Cas
Your poor husband stuck in the UK while you're living it up in Melbourne you lucky minx