Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling House in UK

Selling House in UK

Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Default Selling House in UK

Has anyone had experience of selling their house with more than one agent (winner takes all) or is it really a waste of time as people generally view properties from all agents' offices?
Its been 3 months since our house has been on the market and we have our visas in our pockets so we are really keen to leave asap (as Im sure everybody else is!)

Any points of views would be great.

Thanks

The Ross's
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:09 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling House in UK

IMO several boards outside a property show signs of desperation, plus you pay a higher fee.

Have you had many viewers - if not suggest price set too high
Is your agent working for you? if not get another one

It is difficult to reduce a price but it is a tough market out there - I was a little bit optimistic on the price for our house, having several agents round, looking at what else is on the market for the same kind of property in the same bracket (ie the competition) I can see the lowest price an agent has said is too low, but the highest another has said is too high (given what another £5k can buy just down the road)

Most of the agents said the first 6wks are crucial and price is key - we have 2 windows to sell (between Sept-Nov & from Jan). If it makes it to Jan the price is coming down and with a different agent (to access their list and new enthusiasm from the agent) - it would cost more in hassle and validation trip to try and stick with too higher price.

I know not a precise answer to your Q but you need to assess you situation and your local mkt. All the best
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Default Re: Selling House in UK

We really cant complain about the agent and we have had 10 viewings in as many weeks but thought another agent might broaden the customer base. I was concerned about looking desperate(with 2 agent boards outside the house) and we have reduced the price 2 weeks ago but guess we will have to sit it out and see what happens.The market definately looks slow for the detached house market.
Thanks for your input.

Cheers