Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling the House - nightmare or not?

Selling the House - nightmare or not?

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:03 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Poor thing! They should change the way we buy houses here it doesn't work really does it?

Hows the healthy lifestyle going?

I didn't recognise your picture for a minute because you changed it!

Max

My new pics one of Timbers masterpieces, keeps taking me by surprise too. Healthy lifestyle is OK but I did succumb to a few G&T's the other night, slimline tonic though

Just rung our solicitors, they answered the phone to tell me that they dont accept calls before 10.30 on Friday??????
DONT PICK UP THE BLOODY PHONE THEN
Sorry, rant over.

Michaela
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:05 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcmercer
My new pics one of Timbers masterpieces, keeps taking me by surprise too. Healthy lifestyle is OK but I did succumb to a few G&T's the other night, slimline tonic though

Just rung our solicitors, they answered the phone to tell me that they dont accept calls before 10.30 on Friday??????
DONT PICK UP THE BLOODY PHONE THEN
Sorry, rant over.

Michaela
I expect they go home after lunch too!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:16 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by maxpaxx
I expect they go home after lunch too!

lol. no doubt. I'm considering a sit -in, though last time I went in I waited half an hour to be seen to and was then told I was in the wrong office though I'd double checked before arriving.
Feel like renting forever.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

I intend to put house on market around April, garden starting to look nice, evenings a bit lighter etc.
Told hubby last night, he replies `Well they do advise you not to sell until visa secured` Yep I know that but they advise that just to cover there own backs`.
Will he understand.....No dont think so..........
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel like renting forever.
I'm with you on that one........
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:39 am
Account Closed

Now been told that nothing happens on a Friday unless its your completion day so another weeks passed and still havnt exchanged, was also told to stop panicking!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Now been told that nothing happens on a Friday unless its your completion day so another weeks passed and still havnt exchanged, was also told to stop panicking!!!!!!!
Snap!! We were supposed to exchange today, and have just been told our buyer's solicitor "isn't ready" whatever that means. Just cancelled our 2 day slot with PSS, again!

We keep being asked by the buyer to agree to completion dates, but yet they are unable to propose an exchange date. I had a rant at them and said we need 7 days from exchange before we can complete. Gives us time to book PSS.....again.....

Sorry.....I feel better now......
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:11 pm

Originally posted by S Oldfield
I intend to put house on market around April, garden starting to look nice, evenings a bit lighter etc.
Told hubby last night, he replies `Well they do advise you not to sell until visa secured` Yep I know that but they advise that just to cover there own backs`.
Will he understand.....No dont think so..........
Sandra he is a man!....You know you just have to make him think it was his idea..works every time LOL
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:12 pm

Thats absurd!
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

How's everyone getting on? We've just had our exchange date put back again, for the 3rd time. Guy at the start of the chain paid his deposit by cheque then promptly buggered off on holiday. It won't clear until Friday now.

Anyone made advances???
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:56 pm

Originally posted by cruisey
How's everyone getting on? We've just had our exchange date put back again, for the 3rd time. Guy at the start of the chain paid his deposit by cheque then promptly buggered off on holiday. It won't clear until Friday now.

Anyone made advances???

The buyers had the survey done yesterday so I guess they are serious. they say they want to be in by end of Feb! if they are that will be the quickest house sale we have ever had!! Won't beleive it till it happens!

Got Robinsons removals coming next week to give us a price for the shipping.

You must be really peed off now - it's a shame you can't get the exchange out of the way more quickly isn't it..such a pain can't make firm plans until then. I haven't even started looking at rentals yet
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:36 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Aiming to get our house on the market in the next couple of weeks, our house now has no personality after the house doc treatment, that I think is good, magnolia everywhere and white gloss, dried flowers in every room co-ordinating, sad ain't it!!!!
What we do to get a buyer, and then keep fingers crossed to see if they can get to completion without dropping out.
Our last house the morning of the sale our solicitor wanted us not to exchange contracts, van was in driveway waiting, I thought he was insane to suggest it. We went ahead and it all turned out fine, a few extra grey hairs to show for it though.
Estate agent has told me at present its taking an everage of 12 weeks up here to get to completion. So much for the usual 6.
And as for it all hopefully tieing in nicely, I'd be amazed, I,m not expecting it to, mum-in-laws floor beckons
jenny