Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

selling house in australia?

selling house in australia?

Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:17 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default selling house in australia?

Hi guys we accepted an offer on our house saturday gone and signed for a 30 day contract so settlement is 13th august, today the buyers are having a pest inspection done, my question is at what point can they pull out, they are cash buyers so dont need to arrange finance etc but im concerned knowing my luck that they will pull out as ive just booked our flights back to the uk, would really help if someone can put me at ease and explain as the real state guy just keeps saying dont worry its all good but everyone is asking me wen is it unconditional and i have no clue
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:39 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: selling house in australia?

Originally Posted by collybabe24
Hi guys we accepted an offer on our house saturday gone and signed for a 30 day contract so settlement is 13th august, today the buyers are having a pest inspection done, my question is at what point can they pull out, they are cash buyers so dont need to arrange finance etc but im concerned knowing my luck that they will pull out as ive just booked our flights back to the uk, would really help if someone can put me at ease and explain as the real state guy just keeps saying dont worry its all good but everyone is asking me wen is it unconditional and i have no clue
Normally a property goes unconditional when (a) finance is approved & (b) all inspections are satisfactory. The buyer then advises the seller that (a) and (b) are satisfied...and it is unconditional.

Some contracts (cash buyers) don't have a finance clause. Others don't have any clauses at all. You need to ask your real estate agent exactly what clauses are in the contract.

Most likely, your contract will say "subject to a building inspection and pest inspection.". If that is the case, it will become unconditional when the buyer advises the sellers agent that the results of these inspections were satisfactory.

don't quote me on the above though. That's just my understanding of how it works...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:46 am

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

ok thanks
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have frequent (annual) pest inspections done or was this news to you? If you have pest treatment regualarly then you should be fine. If you have not had any done and it's a pole home, for example, you could need to do some work before they accept to buy....
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:09 am

we have only had the house 6 months and have had it treated twice, it is a queenslander though
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by collybabe24
we have only had the house 6 months and have had it treated twice, it is a queenslander though
Ok - tha chnaces are you will be fine. They are looking for those houses that have not been treated and have hidden termites nests etc. Given you have treated it, and unless anything large has ocurred, I'm sure you'll be fine...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:12 am

Thanks