not selling renting it out
5.00%
other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

selling the house

Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:23 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default selling the house

hi another poll guys

interested to see if anyone has sold their own house

by that i mean cut out the middle man (the estate agent)

jan xx
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: selling the house

Not me - I wanted a estate agent to show the people around. My husband works long hours six days a week and there's no way I wanted people turning up at all times when I was there on my own with the kids.

They were pricey (£5k) but worth their weight in gold as it was sold in less than a month. They arranged loads of viewings - all for early afternoons which was fab and I got the viewers feedback the same or next day without fail.

Heather
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:54 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

We hve sold ours ourselves. We have had problems but that is nothing to do with this - it is to do with the purchaser's mortgage and references. I have a friend who is an Estate Agent and he has done me a deal to do the admin for a fixed price. Saved me thousands! We just put the advert in the paper (£25) and showed people around ourselves, I also did the particulars and went round the house with the digital camera and got the room measurements from the original particulars when we bought the house. I am a salesman so I was able to do the showing round bit ok, and the first people to come round put in an offer! We also had loads of calls. I think this only works if your house is easy to sell though - if we were on a main road or opposite a school or in a rough area or next to a factory then I would use an Estate Agent - but it has worked for us and I would do it again.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:06 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

We used an estate agent, hubby works away alot and I didnt like the idea of showing strangers round the house. House been on the market 14 weeks, had a reasonable amount of viewings and now finally got an offer, which we accepted. Just keeping everything crossed now.

Jo
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohippy
Not me - I wanted a estate agent to show the people around. My husband works long hours six days a week and there's no way I wanted people turning up at all times when I was there on my own with the kids.

They were pricey (£5k) but worth their weight in gold as it was sold in less than a month. They arranged loads of viewings - all for early afternoons which was fab and I got the viewers feedback the same or next day without fail.

Heather

which estate agent did you use out of interest
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
which estate agent did you use out of interest
I used Taylors - they were the most expensive and wouldn't drop their fees but I have been very impressed with their service. They are quite competitive internally which only worked out better for me. They also have a dedicated person to ensure that all accepted offers make it to exchange. I haven't had to ring them once and don't expect to have to either !
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:23 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

It's still on the market and I use an estate agent!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Using an Agent as our "friend" who was gonna buy it, decided not to

Second valuation Friday on sale Saturday.