Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

selling a car in victoria?

selling a car in victoria?

Old Oct 31st 2004, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default selling a car in victoria?

I need some questions asked or some advise.

I am traveling around oz and have only just a small part to see and i will have been near everywhere by car around oz.
I purchased the car in victoria and recently just got 12 months rego which was not cheap.
I know i can cash this in if i want and thats great to know but when i am finished my little part of oz to see and quickly need to sell my car for two reasons as i will need to money or just to sell home so i can go home early.

What the best way to sell the car, i know that when you sell a car to someone else in victoria you need to have it road worthy and to be honest i know and expect it to be needing a few things and as i dont want to spend anything on it than i have whats the best thing to do.

I purchased it for $2000 and i could sell it as is and for maybe half the cost i know its been a good car and probably still one after i finish with it but i see no point in wasting money on it when i want to get rid of it.

People say that the car sells better with rego but to be honest if i cahsed that in and sold the car at half the cost i paid then is that not a good deal for someone wanting to buy it as is.

Please give some advise as when i do get back to victoria in the coming months i want to know what best way to sell it without spending money on it.

Is it possible to have a road worthy done but not go ahead with what it needs as maybe if it did not need much and it would not cost a lot then maybe it would be worth it.

Any help on this would be great.

It was easy buying this car now i have to try and sell it now well soon