Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

selling a car in other state?

Wikiposts

selling a car in other state?

Old May 17th 2004, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default selling a car in other state?

I need some info and help i purchased a car from victoria and im now travelling around oz i have done most of the east coast but still have a few things to do going back.

But i plan to stay in cairns for a while as its so warm and i maybe offered a job, i need the job as my money is running out and the other reason for selling the car was to get extra cash, but i would prefer to wait and sell it later when i drive back down the coast again and see the places i did not go to.

I would be going back to victoria as i have family there and that gives me the chance to sell it,but its a very long drive back from cairns not that im bothered as it gives me the chance to see the places i did not stop at.

But if just say i really need the money and it was time for it to go or i had a job offer i could not refuse like in perth as i have someone who has offered me work and thats where most of my work is in perth.

How easy is it to sell a car in another state, i see so many up for sale in other states and from other travellers when i am going about but i was told it real hard and a nightmare to sell the car in another state.

Can someone tell me what i do, how i go about it and the hassle and costs involved,i only purchased the car 3 and half months ago and purchased it for $2000 so i would be letting it go for say $1000 no less.

I just need to know would i best wait till im back to melbourne and then get rid or would it be as easy up here in queensland.

I could if i wanted to go for the job in perth drive over there but i believe its very far away and as its an old car not sure if car would make it, im sure it would as its done well upto now but who knows.

Any advise would be great.