Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling a car online in NSW

Selling a car online in NSW

Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Question Selling a car online in NSW

Hi all,
I am going to sell my like-new Mazda 6 (9000KM) in Sydney and decided to try to sell it online. Any experience on this? how to arrange and pay for the paperwork?

Cheers,
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:30 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a car online in NSW

http://www.carsales.com.au/sell-your-car/

Have a look through the information there. Its quite detailed on what you need to do.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate. That's what exactly I am going to do.
Do you have any idea on who is going to pay for the paperwork/taxes? seller or buyer?

Cheers,

Originally Posted by Centurion
http://www.carsales.com.au/sell-your-car/

Have a look through the information there. Its quite detailed on what you need to do.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:03 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Buyer does essentially. I live in Qld so different slightly. For your state :

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...ngselling.html
Old Dec 13th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perfect! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Centurion
Buyer does essentially. I live in Qld so different slightly. For your state :

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...ngselling.html
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:27 am
Just Joined

danzimmerman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi all,
I am going to sell my like-new Mazda 6 (9000KM) in Sydney and decided to try to sell it online. Any experience on this? how to arrange and pay for the paperwork?

Cheers,
I'm also planning on selling my car online. Another thing you might do is to have really good pictures. In order to do that you obviously have to wash you car, wax and get photos. Might want to hire a pro photographer or go with a photo editing service. First impressions definitely matter. Take it from a marketing guy
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ummmm good points! thanks mate!

Originally Posted by danzimmerman
I'm also planning on selling my car online. Another thing you might do is to have really good pictures. In order to do that you obviously have to wash you car, wax and get photos. Might want to hire a pro photographer or go with a photo editing service. First impressions definitely matter. Take it from a marketing guy
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hi there

Just sold our Kluger on this site and had more success than we thought- I'd recommend paying the extra money for a premium ad as they feature first and are highlighted. Take lots of pics, be honest in the description and wait for the calls. Best of luck!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Congrats mate!
Yeah we also sold ours - nice and easy . 1K off though

Cheers,

Originally Posted by Jacque
Hi there

Just sold our Kluger on this site and had more success than we thought- I'd recommend paying the extra money for a premium ad as they feature first and are highlighted. Take lots of pics, be honest in the description and wait for the calls. Best of luck!