Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The sell up has begun!

The sell up has begun!

Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default The sell up has begun!

Two weeks after listing one of the houses (Buderim), we have had a SOLD sign slapped on. Unconditional cash contract people are from Sydney, they came in $15,000 below the asking price of $540,000 as its only been listed 2 weeks we said no, but would throw in the european dishwasher, (they die and kill for european here).

Its sinkin' in we are finally on the way HOME
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:51 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The sell up has begun!

Originally posted by dotty
Two weeks after listing one of the houses (Buderim), we have had a SOLD sign slapped on. Unconditional cash contract people are from Sydney, they came in $15,000 below the asking price of $540,000 as its only been listed 2 weeks we said no, but would throw in the european dishwasher, (they die and kill for european here).

Congratulations!
Hope you make lots of money so you can by a nice house in the UK!

Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:35 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

good onya dotty,

plus good exchange rate at the mo
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:51 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Dotty. Sad to lose a bit of the estate? My wife gets mopey every time we sell something or move house.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Nice one Dotty. Sad to lose a bit of the estate? My wife gets mopey every time we sell something or move house.
I have 2 things I am sad about. One is a best mate whos been really ill (cancer) and had a marriage break up and I feel like a right cow for leaving her here.

And our own house, it really is a slice of rainforest and I know we were very lucky to have lived here with nature and all it has some very happy memories. Its that unique real estate agents cant even put a price on it because its hard to compare it to anything! It will be the last thing we put on the market and I know damn well thats the day any doubts will start to creep in

As for the rest of it, I could walk away tomorrow, weather included
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:13 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

And our own house, it really is a slice of rainforest and I know we were very lucky to have lived here with nature and all it has some very happy memories. Its that unique real estate agents cant even put a price on it because its hard to compare it to anything! It will be the last thing we put on the market and I know damn well thats the day any doubts will start to creep in
Have any pics to share? Please..............
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Simone82
Have any pics to share? Please..............
Have never done pics on here due to one weirdo who tracked us down through this website.

But so many people have asked me for piccys that we have decided to post a whole bunch just before we leave, I am pretty sure no nutcase is going to follow me to England
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the realistic posts Dotty, hope it works out for ya.

Why return to Blighty, why not make squillions of pounds somewhere else e.g. U.S.?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by cadman
Thanks for the realistic posts Dotty, hope it works out for ya.

Why return to Blighty, why not make squillions of pounds somewhere else e.g. U.S.?

I think I have totally the wrong sense of humour for the USA

I love to holiday there, but living there only bit I would consider is Vermont Conetticut, fantastic countryside but close to New York.

We do hope to get a little ski shack in Canada tho, not that they get my humour either but they are such lovely people they just smile
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:42 pm
dazuk

Fair play to you Dotty, nice to hear that the wheels are in motion for your imminent return to our fair and pleasent land!

I really enjoy your posts too, im sure loads more do just dare not admit it!!

I hope that once you are back in blighty you continue to post unlike dear old PB, otherwise this forum may as well crawl out to alice and wither away under a blaze of banality

Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:46 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I have totally the wrong sense of humour for the USA

I love to holiday there, but living there only bit I would consider is Vermont Conetticut, fantastic countryside but close to New York.
Ditto. That New England area is OK for the most part. Boston? I figure you could last a few years in/ near San Fransisco, too, if you chose the right bit.

You'd have to leave before the great US of A completely gave you a virtual lobotomy, though.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:46 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

We do hope to get a little ski shack in Canada tho, not that they get my humour either but they are such lovely people they just smile
Canadian smiles...are frozen on...
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty your timing is excellent. Not the worst time with the house prices and exchange rates to be legging it back to blighty.

I do not blame you on the anonymity. I am amazed at the willingness of some to give out their e-mail addresses and names.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by dazuk
Fair play to you Dotty, nice to hear that the wheels are in motion for your imminent return to our fair and pleasent land!

I really enjoy your posts too, im sure loads more do just dare not admit it!!

I hope that once you are back in blighty you continue to post unlike dear old PB, otherwise this forum may as well crawl out to alice and wither away under a blaze of banality

I promise to post an update now and again.

I'll get a big cardboard box pop it under London Bridge with a bean can in front of it so "The fans" can gloat how crap the UK turned out for me

By the way it will probably take us till mid 2004 to tie everything up here so I can keep annoying the masses till then
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:02 pm
WBB

good luck to you dottmeister.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.