Sell now?

Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:32 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: cumbria
Posts: 25
brijacq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sell now?

We have just sent off our skills assessment and we have possibly got a buyer for our house (not up for sale yet). We are definitely going through with moving to Oz (barring any major probs). So the question is should we sell and rent for probably 12 months, or wait and sell nearer the time of the move?

Thnx for any responses based on your experiences.

Brijacq
brijacq is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:00 am
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 11
chriskitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sell now?

My advice to you would be to sell now if you can and if you are sure of emigrating. The housing market seems to be heading for a downturn and what you can sell for now will be probably be more than in a years time. I am no expert but that is just my opinion ! Good luck with your application
chriskitch is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:34 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Sue2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: From Sidcup to Elanora...Sunny GC! 20/08/05
Posts: 2,075
Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sell now?

HI,

We are just waiting for one more bit of info and then will be sending our application off to DIMIA,
We have our house up for sale already, we just thought we would take the risk since the house market is slowing and sell now rather than later on in the year.

My advise would be sell now, its stressful NOW what would it be like selling your house on top of when your visa are due!!

Sue2 Good luck
Sue2 is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:37 pm
  #4  
Going to Perth late 2005
 
timk's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Essex
Posts: 115
timk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sell now?

Best to sell, you will get rid of the biggest obstacle that can delay your move to oz, also you will earn interest of any profits from sale and this can be put towards rent.

Also if the aussie dollar rate gets good, you will be in a position to take advantage.

I will do the same when myTRA assessment is complete.

Good luck
timk
timk is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.