Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To sell or not to sell

To sell or not to sell

Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice
Default To sell or not to sell

Hi everyone,
i need some advise........we have just sent our diy TRA and decided to start tarting up our house ready to put it on the market (if we pass TRA).
I told a few people we were thinking of selling and........Sunday night a lady knocked on our door and asked if she could have a quick look at our house. she told us she was a friend of our next door neighbour!! she looked round and liked it. I checked out with my neighbour who she was and all is good.
Last night she came back with her husband and asked how much i wanted for my house. I made up a random figure (more than its worth by 5 grand) and she accepted!!! She rang me today and has instructed a solicitor!!!
I know it all sounds to good to be true!!!!!!
So do i go ahead and really keep my fingers crossed that we pass the TRA or do i think sensibly about my family and realise this is really silly of me???
AHHHHggg i am stressed!!!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: To sell or not to sell

Originally Posted by kyliecuteass
Hi everyone,
i need some advise........we have just sent our diy TRA and decided to start tarting up our house ready to put it on the market (if we pass TRA).
I told a few people we were thinking of selling and........Sunday night a lady knocked on our door and asked if she could have a quick look at our house. she told us she was a friend of our next door neighbour!! she looked round and liked it. I checked out with my neighbour who she was and all is good.
Last night she came back with her husband and asked how much i wanted for my house. I made up a random figure (more than its worth by 5 grand) and she accepted!!! She rang me today and has instructed a solicitor!!!
I know it all sounds to good to be true!!!!!!
So do i go ahead and really keep my fingers crossed that we pass the TRA or do i think sensibly about my family and realise this is really silly of me???
AHHHHggg i am stressed!!!

Go for it
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Just sell it. you will be more stressed if you get your visa and you cant sell, and your dead line gets closer. Many of us cant sell our properties, and its stressful. if you have the opportunity, and you are fairly confident that you have the right trade and points to get in, then SELL SELL SELL
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road

do it, i wish i had sold my house last year.
If you are even half sure you will get your visa, go for it !!

dave
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:44 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'd recommend selling.

This house selling lark is rubbish at the moment. I've had nothing but timewasters and nonsense offers since I put the house on about 6 weeks ago. I can't believe that I didn't sell last year, but oh no, I had to be cautious in case I didn't get my visa - and now it looks like I'll be down by £5k already.

Stupid housing market.

S
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sell it. If by any chance you don't get your visa then you will be in a really good position to buy somewhere.