Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

to sell or not to sell

to sell or not to sell

Old May 14th 2004, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default to sell or not to sell

I wanted some advice from people who have got their visa's & trying to sell their house.

we are awaiting our skills assessment back from the tra (hopefully soon) and then as long as its positive we will be applying skills des area sponsored (139), which currently has quick processing times.

We have an agent, and everyone seems pretty confident that we will get our visa.

the question is should we put our house on the market now. I have spoken to estate agents and their advice (obviously) is to do it now rather than later.

We have family we can stay with if it all goes through really quick, but most sales take at least 12 weeks anyway.

Do those of you who have their visa's wish you had put your house up for sale earlier???
thanks a million
daihla

Old May 14th 2004, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Do it now!!

Do not delay!!

There is nothing more frustrating than getting your visa and then waiting to sell the house.

Go for it
Old May 14th 2004, 12:28 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: to sell or not to sell

Originally posted by The McGintys
I wanted some advice from people who have got their visa's & trying to sell their house.

we are awaiting our skills assessment back from the tra (hopefully soon) and then as long as its positive we will be applying skills des area sponsored (139), which currently has quick processing times.

We have an agent, and everyone seems pretty confident that we will get our visa.

the question is should we put our house on the market now. I have spoken to estate agents and their advice (obviously) is to do it now rather than later.

We have family we can stay with if it all goes through really quick, but most sales take at least 12 weeks anyway.

Do those of you who have their visa's wish you had put your house up for sale earlier???
thanks a million
daihla

Each to their own but I'm in a similar situation to you and mine is up for sale now. We'll live with the in-laws (:scared: ) for a while and I'll just keep thinking of the cash we'll save not having a mortgage!
Old May 14th 2004, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks a million
daihla

I think as long as you've got somewhere to stay if you sell quickly, you should go for it.
We put our house on the market a bit too soon. We got a buyer the day after it was valued (full asking price!) but we are still waiting for our visa. We now feel under pressure as our buyers are keen to get moving and we've got nowhere else we can go.

Also a bit more unsettling though, if you have kids/pets and have to 'move' twice I suppose!

Andrea
Old May 14th 2004, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Billabong
Do it now!!

Do not delay!!

There is nothing more frustrating than getting your visa and then waiting to sell the house.

Go for it
There is....selling your house and not having a visa!!

Andrea
Old May 14th 2004, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Get it on the market now!!!!! you will have time to consider any offer you get without time not being on your side! Which we'd put our on earlier and i work for an estate agents!!!!!!
best of luck Rach x
Old May 19th 2004, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for all your replies

We have now put the house on the market and could not believe the valuation, we bought it 2 years ago for £148k and we have put it on for £245k. I cannot understand how anyone would pay that amount for a 3 bed semi!!!

Anyway its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it so fingers crossed.

I must admit I am starting to get scared now, I love my house and ecspecially love it in the summer.

I also hate having people viewing your house because I have to keep it spotless, which is really difficult with two little monkeys 3 & 18 months!!!

Good luck to all of you who are also selling

Daihla
Old May 19th 2004, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for all your replies

We have now put the house on the market and could not believe the valuation, we bought it 2 years ago for £148k and we have put it on for £245k. I cannot understand how anyone would pay that amount for a 3 bed semi!!!

Anyway its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it so fingers crossed.

I must admit I am starting to get scared now, I love my house and ecspecially love it in the summer.

I also hate having people viewing your house because I have to keep it spotless, which is really difficult with two little monkeys 3 & 18 months!!!

Good luck to all of you who are also selling

Daihla
Old May 19th 2004, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

salokin is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks a million
daihla

Hi I wish we would've put our house on the market sooner. Just waiting to sell the house now been on the market for 3 weeks and not one viewing getting rather down about it now as thats all we are waiting for Hope all goes well for you good luck
carol