Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

self employed TRA - please help!!

self employed TRA - please help!!

Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:14 pm
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation self employed TRA - please help!!

some of the evidence you need to suppy to the tra doubles up when you do your affidavid statment, i.e. you need to provide your NVQ photocopy for the TRA and also for the Affidavit statement, should i enclosed 2 copies in these cases, or should i presume that they will cross reference (at the end of the day, it all going in the same envelope).
Also i am sending some originals for things that i don't need back i.e business cards and price list for my business, is this ok to do this or should i photocopy them as well even though i dont need them.??
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:52 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: self employed TRA - please help!!

Originally Posted by emmalina
some of the evidence you need to suppy to the tra doubles up when you do your affidavid statment, i.e. you need to provide your NVQ photocopy for the TRA and also for the Affidavit statement, should i enclosed 2 copies in these cases, or should i presume that they will cross reference (at the end of the day, it all going in the same envelope).
Also i am sending some originals for things that i don't need back i.e business cards and price list for my business, is this ok to do this or should i photocopy them as well even though i dont need them.??

Hello - not sure what you mean with Affidavit statement?

Remember, whatever you send to TRA you will also need to send with your Visa application - so make sure you have duplicates of everything. So yes it's fine to send originals as long as you have two originals.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: self employed TRA - please help!!

The more cross-referenced evidence the better, they like to have lots and lots of evidence even if it shows the same point/fact over and over again.

Rather over-do the paper work than under-do it.

Good luck - as clippie said keep copies of statements/references for main visa application.

Paula
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:51 am
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Downies
The more cross-referenced evidence the better, they like to have lots and lots of evidence even if it shows the same point/fact over and over again.

Rather over-do the paper work than under-do it.

Good luck - as clippie said keep copies of statements/references for main visa application.

Paula
thanks guys, hopefully sending off on monday - oh my god, it feels we are actually getting somewhere at last, seems to have taken ages to get organised, all info currently with my solicitor for singing - all 300 pages!!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:53 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys, hopefully sending off on monday - oh my god, it feels we are actually getting somewhere at last, seems to have taken ages to get organised, all info currently with my solicitor for singing - all 300 pages!!
300 PAGES!!! Jesus, I thought ours was long!!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: self employed TRA - please help!!

300 pages is impressive - is it double copies for the visa app too?

Good luck with it all! Just take heart - the TRA stage is the most labourious paperwork wise because you are reliant on getting stuff back from other people who dont understand your need to get everything done asap.

Wait till you have posted the docs (we used royal mail international signed for) - you will be mega nervous for a week until you get acknowledgement of receipt.

Paula
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:23 am
hairdresser, bristol X

Originally Posted by Downies
300 pages is impressive - is it double copies for the visa app too?

Good luck with it all! Just take heart - the TRA stage is the most labourious paperwork wise because you are reliant on getting stuff back from other people who dont understand your need to get everything done asap.

Wait till you have posted the docs (we used royal mail international signed for) - you will be mega nervous for a week until you get acknowledgement of receipt.

Paula
i think we are going to use interparcel - apparently you can track its journey untill it gets to aussies - something to do i guess well you are waiting with bated breath!! apparently the turnaroung time is now only ten days - how long did yours take?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:28 am

i think we are going to use interparcel - apparently you can track its journey untill it gets to aussies - something to do i guess well you are waiting with bated breath!! apparently the turnaroung time is now only ten days - how long did yours take?
I used interparcel too - they were great, you can choose different services through them so be careful - for instance I paid £22 because I clicked DHL, someone else I know clicked UPS and it cost them £10 more