Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Self catering in Queensland

Self catering in Queensland

Old May 12th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

haunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the roughhaunted is a jewel in the rough
Default Self catering in Queensland

For the love of god someone please help me...

I have tried google and other sites but still can not find any self catering apartments in Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast without it costing me a small fortune.

I need somewhere for about 4 weeks while we get our feet back on the ground.

I am not interested in 4 or 5 star, I have better things to spend that money on.

2 Adults and 2 children aged 7 and 9..

I did find somewhere but the computer crashed (into the kitchen wall) and as a result lost everything I had bookmarked. It was in the Sunshine coast, right by the sea, cheap and ideal for what I was looking for.

If anyone can suggest something like that I would really appreciate it.

I have tried the search button before anyone tries to be clever and that hasnt come up with anything usefull.

I'm bagging my head against the wall as we need to be out there in July.

Thanks in advance..
Old May 12th 2010, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self catering in Queensland

Give those sleepy heads a few hours. I'm sure there will be a good few suggestions.
Old May 12th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haunted

I have tried google and other sites but still can not find any self catering apartments in Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast without it costing me a small fortune.

I am not interested in 4 or 5 star, I have better things to spend that money on.

I did find somewhere but the computer crashed (into the kitchen wall) and as a result lost everything I had bookmarked. It was in the Sunshine coast, right by the sea, cheap and ideal for what I was looking for.

I have tried the search button before anyone tries to be clever and that hasnt come up with anything usefull.

Thanks in advance..
What sort of thing are you looking for and what is cheap?

I have availability for 4 weeks in July at a new short term rental I have. If you want to PM me you email address I can send you details. My original property Redlands Retreat (link is in my signature) is booked up.....but as I say, my new property is still available.

I think part of your problem is that it's very late to book. I know July seems like a long time away, but I am pretty much booked up at Redlands Retreat through until the end of January!

Anyway, send me a PM with some idea about what you are looking for and I will get back to you.

Love

Rudi
x
Old May 12th 2010, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

Thanks in advance..
Have you tried the BIG4 website. you might get a cabin .
Old May 14th 2010, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Thanks in advance..

Hi

I arrived in Redcliffe, Brisbane just under 48 hours ago I am staying on a holiday park not butlins at all in practicaly on the beach and there is a play area for kids next door. I am in a sore of log cabin with out the logs more like wood cliaadin, a/c sleeps 6 two bedrooms, microwave, tv , shower etc real nice glad i have stayed here private messgae me if you want ne more details.

Carl
Old May 14th 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hi

I arrived in Redcliffe, Brisbane just under 48 hours ago I am staying on a holiday park not butlins at all in practicaly on the beach and there is a play area for kids next door. I am in a sore of log cabin with out the logs more like wood cliaadin, a/c sleeps 6 two bedrooms, microwave, tv , shower etc real nice glad i have stayed here private messgae me if you want ne more details.

Carl
carl - can you send me details - I will PM you
Thanks
P
Old May 14th 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Ohh my love I feel your pain! It is a mine field and not cheap.
PM rudi, you won't go far wrong

C