Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Seemingly daft questions.

Seemingly daft questions.

Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of
Default Seemingly daft questions.

My 10 year old son came up with the best one yet: Do they have weekends in Australia?
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seemingly daft questions.

Originally Posted by dottyspots
My 10 year old son came up with the best one yet: Do they have weekends in Australia?
ah cute...my 40 year old fiance asked the same question!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

LOL!

Mind you, possibly not so funny, as I've heard working hours can be pretty long!

Originally Posted by debbiemc
ah cute...my 40 year old fiance asked the same question!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

LOL!

Mind you, possibly not so funny, as I've heard working hours can be pretty long!
Do they I dont have any in the UK so it will be a nice change if they do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:51 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

My mother once asked if it was the same month...
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:59 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive seen some dafter ones than that on this forum - from adults .
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

My little boy asked if we would all go to Kevin when we die??? (..Heaven?!)
Old Oct 29th 2004, 7:52 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Monday through Sunday, apparently.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

I'm a teacher and have been doing quite a lot about Australia with my class because they want to know about where I'm going. They come out with some beauties though.

What language do they speak?
Do they have Christmas?
Do you get rain there?

Bless them!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

DAFT ANSWERS...........

my son joe who's 8 once joined the school choir, after about the 3rd week he informed he did'nt want to go anymore because it's boring, when i asked him why........he replied cause all they do is SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has you can imagine i was speechless.

lesley (jjl family)
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

aaaah, that is cute :0) We had (after explaining that husband's father was cremated) the same son tell everyone that 'the church cooked grandad' :scared:

Originally Posted by kath n kim
My little boy asked if we would all go to Kevin when we die??? (..Heaven?!)
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bless

Originally Posted by Ushas
I'm a teacher and have been doing quite a lot about Australia with my class because they want to know about where I'm going. They come out with some beauties though.

What language do they speak?
Do they have Christmas?
Do you get rain there?

Bless them!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

kind of makes you wonder what he was expecting?!

Originally Posted by JJL family
DAFT ANSWERS...........

my son joe who's 8 once joined the school choir, after about the 3rd week he informed he did'nt want to go anymore because it's boring, when i asked him why........he replied cause all they do is SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has you can imagine i was speechless.

lesley (jjl family)
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We were staying with husband's sister and the brother in law (Kiwi) one christmas in Perth. On Christmas Day, we were talking about christmas stuff (as you do) and he asked "Do you have Boxing Day in England". He was straight up. I can't remember what I said but it was probably sarcastic

Last edited by moneypenny20; Feb 5th 2018 at 8:32 am.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

My husband and I met through a chat room. It was run by an American guy and had loads of Americans who were part of the scene. And I'm NOT implying a general lack of intelliigence across the board here..but...some of them were too hard to believe.

On enquiring where I lived I replied that I was in Perth Western Australia. One chap chipped in with...Oh I know where that is. It's just down below Texas!

Another believed that we regularly ate koala steaks as they were considered worse than vermin really. I had a pet roo which I rode to work...etc...etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.