seeking work

Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:23 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough
Default seeking work

hi there me and my family are hoping to be in perth after christmas migrating on a 176 visa as a greenkeeper i will be seeking employment in this field and was wondering if anyone had any possible contacts for employment in this field or similar ie landscape gardener or groundsmen jobs
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:04 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: seeking work

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
hi there me and my family are hoping to be in perth after christmas migrating on a 176 visa as a greenkeeper i will be seeking employment in this field and was wondering if anyone had any possible contacts for employment in this field or similar ie landscape gardener or groundsmen jobs
Have connections in this.....http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...archfrom=quick
Old Nov 9th 2008, 1:23 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

thanks mate that was helpfull
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

jackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the rough

Cant speak for Perth but things here in Brisbane are pretty much non-existent regarding greenkeeper jobs. I came last year on 176 qualified greenkeeper and no one was recruiting within an hours drive. Dropped off CV's to 15 courses and took 4months to get one reply after redoing the rounds. Greenkeeping jobs at bowls clubs are pretty much a closed shop.
Your UK qualifications (and to a degree your experience) will in most cases mean nothing when you get here, so you may find that you will have to start as an assistant on lower wages and you will have to train/qualify to Oz standards.
There are quite a few gardener/landscape jobs going on the Oz jobsearch website but beware most positions are casual (no sick or holiday pay) and poorly paid.
My advise would be to try and get a job at a golf course as this may provide a little more job security but you will have to IMO be in Australia before you start making enquires as employers will want to see you first before making any job offer.
The Australian Golf Course Superintendents Association (AGCSA) website has a jobs section that includes greenkeepers etc www.agcsa.com.au/jobs
and there's also the Australian job search website www.jobsearch.gov.au/findajob click on the WA/Perth link and the area/s in which you're interested. Any greenkeeper jobs will be in the gardening, farming and fishing section.
The poor job prospects, poor pay and conditions are one of the reasons I am returning to the UK.
Good luck
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think perth could use you theres a lot of areas that are scruffy and unkept, almost like the council or whoever owns them has given up.
So hopefully they will hire you to sort it out !

The first thing you might notice is things are not as lush and green here, everything seems to have a more yellow feel due to the harsh sun.
I get mobbed by flies in perth all the time just walking outside, if your doing gardening / green type work you will have to develop a thick skin to handle them
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

wez and chris

If your looking for gardening work, just to get started, i worked for a recriutment company called logo oppointments,who got us a job at armadale council who are always looking for workers. Not best pay but a start. If you are interested i can get you there email address or number. Logo oppointments are based in subiaco but find work for all councils.

Regards

Wes
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:33 pm
Good luck to all

thanks that would be great
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

thanks that would be great
Wez and Chris

Logo appointments 08 9380 4505 ask for erica email [email protected]

armadale council 08 94970311 ask for shayne [email protected]

or another recruitment agency people co web addresss www.people.co.au

You need to be in the oz really to stand a chance of getting work, it took 2 weeks to find work so hope this helps. we live in beeliar and to get to armadale each day took 25 min just to give you an idea of distance.
There is plenty of gardening jobs available in the west paper,best to get saturday edition when you arive.

good luck

Wes
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:06 pm
Good luck to all

many thanks