Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Seeking site engineer job - Brisbane

Seeking site engineer job - Brisbane

Old Nov 18th 2019, 8:28 am
Just Joined

JohnBruce1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking site engineer job - Brisbane

Bit of a long shot but i am moving out to brisbane for a working holiday in the middle of Feb next year. I have been applying for jobs through Seek and not having much luck.

I am wandering if anyone could guide me in the right direction to recruitment companies etc to try and find a job.

A bit of background i have a BSc (Hons) degree in environmental civil engineering and have 5 years setting out experience. Any help would be appreciated!
Old Nov 18th 2019, 9:52 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking site engineer job - Brisbane

Sorry to say the limitations of WHV means you usually end up doing fruit picking and farm work, nowadays hard to get a highly professional job on that visa with so many newly and locally qualified looking for a job. Would you qualify for a skilled visa?
Old Nov 19th 2019, 12:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Sorry to say the limitations of WHV means you usually end up doing fruit picking and farm work, nowadays hard to get a highly professional job on that visa with so many newly and locally qualified looking for a job. Would you qualify for a skilled visa?
I got professional jobs on my WHV when I was a backpacker, so it is possible - and the economy was hardly on fire at the time

Plenty of construction going on in the East too. I reckon he's in with a shot
Old Nov 19th 2019, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I got professional jobs on my WHV when I was a backpacker, so it is possible - and the economy was hardly on fire at the time

Plenty of construction going on in the East too. I reckon he's in with a shot
It is somewhat different now as previously companies would have in mind they might sponsor down the track. Today, far fewer companies are willing to sponsor as sponsoring costs have increased significantly and processing times have increased dramatically. When I arrived over a decade ago, it was days. Now it is often many months. Even then, refusal rates are high.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 6:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy

It is somewhat different now as previously companies would have in mind they might sponsor down the track. Today, far fewer companies are willing to sponsor as sponsoring costs have increased significantly and processing times have increased dramatically. When I arrived over a decade ago, it was days. Now it is often many months. Even then, refusal rates are high.
?
Who's talking about sponsorship? I wasn't and neither is the OP. He was talking about working on a WHV as a professional - which is what I did back when I was a backpacker. Nothing else