seeing a doctor

Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default seeing a doctor

I am from uk so going to doctor is phone get an appointment,get what medication you need and collect from chemist.

Now i am in oz right now, how do i or what do i do here?i know there is medicare which i know very little about and i have travel insurance but all i want to see about is before i left uk for working holiday i was taking tablets for an infection i have it can take a while to go away.

and i have already been taking these tablets for 3 months now,2 months i had with me over here which is now done.

It can i believe take as long as 6 months, i when i was back home could only get, well the most the doctor in uk could give at any time was 2 months supply.

he said after that i take a break,well as i have run out of i dont know if it will go away itself as it not always takes 6 months or i keep taking more and make sure it does,all i want to see doctor for is in oz is to see if i have had enough of these tablets or i need to keep taking them if so will he charge me just to give me an answer and will i be charged to get more tablets if needed. and if its expensive or whatever i can wait till i get home and treat again but that would be a waste.

As i will not be going home i think for a good few months yet and also having taken them for past 3 months and its not right cured would be a waste these past 3 months only a doctor can answer probably the above but i just wondered how i go about if and whats the costs involved just to see him or get tablets.

As you cant but them over the counter and i think only a doctor can give them to you.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:38 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

All you need to do is make an appointment with a GP (any GP will do, you don't need to register like in the UK) - they're usually quite quick with the appointments, you might be able to get one the same day. It's a very easy process...!

Cost depends on how long your with the doctor - I *think* it's around $30 for a short session (approx. 15 mins). But with both the medicare & the travel insurance I imagine you should get most of it refunded.