Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

See ya in 12 weeks!

See ya in 12 weeks!

Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default See ya in 12 weeks!

No, we're not off just yet, but our stuff is!

Shippers been this am, took 3 hrs to pack it all up.

Bit of confusion in the beginning, one of the guys told us they'd just load our stuff onto their van in the boxes they were packed in ( ie my basic supermarket crappy cardboard boxes ) to which i said: "err, I don't THINK so ".:scared:

A quick call to the office and they were soon packing our stuff up in new boxes ( although i did notice a few had been previously used and were being reused , i thought brand spanking new boxes and wrappings were to be included in the quote, maybe not? ).

Three guys in all, two younger ones were nice and helpful - only been with the company 3 weeks and the other guy was a miserable old s*it, I obviously upset his morning brekky by insisting he did the job properly, knob head.

So, it doesn't bode well so far does it really?

Sad miserable knob head didn't want to do an inventory of our stuff either, ie 50 cds / 60 dvds / 45 books etc.

he did though by the time i'd finished with him.

So our stuff is on its way as we speak.

( probably crushed to death, after miserable old knob head had jumped up and down on it all when he got 'round the corner. )

Anyhow, will be speaking to the manager this afternoon to see what he has to say for himself, as there were a few other aspects I wasn't impressed with -

guys had no uniforms on, van was battered old unmarked vehicle, they didn't keep all my wood stuff together for aqis's benefit and so on and so on.

And all for the bargain price of £800.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

who did you use?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:17 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: See ya in 12 weeks!

Originally posted by steandleigh

, van was battered old unmarked vehicle,
You sure it was the actual removals company mate:scared:

No relation the Albert Steptoe were they
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:18 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Id be seriously worried!! Who was it?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We've used Doree Bonner, they've given us all the official paperwork etc but to say that I am less than impressed would be the understatement of the millenia.

Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

I'm really surprised, I thought they were one of the best available!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the removal guys who took my boxes and handed them over to ***** ********. I'd done my own packing, but they assured me that they had "professional removal people" to take the stuff to the warehouse...... turned out to be a young girl and her dad in a knackered white Transit Van! She couldn't lift most of the boxes, even though I'd made sure they weren't too heavy, then she fell down the stairs with one, so I moved the rest myself. The father spent most of the time shuffling the boxes around inside the van! The computer was to be packed into a crate at the removal warehouse, so they wanted to "shove it in the back as it is". My threats of sueing, legal action, the local paper etc finally persuaded them to place it safely in the front and wedge it carefully!! The famous pink chair was surveyed, then he said "Won't get that down them stairs luv". I said "Well, it came UP them stairs, luv, so it'll go down them if I do it myself!"

They give cowboys a bad name, they were so useless!!!:scared:

Having said that, the stuff arrived eventually, in good order, so don't panic!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's decided then - I'm going out for the day when my shippers arrive!

I don't think I could bear to watch!! Or even be in the vicinity!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gdcollectables
That's decided then - I'm going out for the day when my shippers arrive!

I don't think I could bear to watch!! Or even be in the vicinity!

Perhaps we should book the shippers the same day and go shopping together....

I dont think I want to be around for it either....
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Problem is..... I won't have a car and I'll be naked, as all my clothes'll be washed and packed!

There is a naturist place nearby though, I wonder..... there's always a 1st time for everything and I'll be leaving the country soon after
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be leaving the country soon after
...and will you be dressing for the event, or are you flying naked too?!!:scared:
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

D'ya know I completely forgot about that - all this organisation's turning my head!!

D'ya think Singapore Air would allow 3 x naked sumo lookalikes?

Spose I'll have to keep some clothes unpacked, ready for the journey.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ste& Leigh
This sounded a bit like our experience - after our packers had gone I wrote to the company and listed everything that I was unhappy with and how they had not met the expectations that the company themsleves had set. I dearly hope your stuff gets there OK but ours didnt and I was so glad that I had written the letter BEFORE the furniture got to Oz. I think it added weight to our claim for damage that it had been obvious from the outset that they'd done a sh1t job.....so may be worth you writing it all in a letter as well as a phone call.

Good luck...hope it all gets to Cairns OK!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: See ya in 12 weeks!

Leigh
can't believe they were so unprofessional, Pickfords were the bees knees, couldn't fault them at all, hope all your stuff is ok mate!
hugs
rach x
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi chaps,

phoned the general manager and he sounded fairly surprised and I did get an apology out of him, plus an 'i'll follow this up and check your consignment' blah, blah, blah.

I said ' i look forward to hearing from you', which he will - in the morning - 9am sharp.

Fortunately for me, they are based just around the corner and so any poxy excuses and he'll have his first ever cairns stylee whirlwind landing on his doorstep.

Knobhead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.