Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

see a job, want to come, fastest way to get a work visa?

see a job, want to come, fastest way to get a work visa?

Old Oct 4th 2002, 12:11 am
pollyanna

Default see a job, want to come, fastest way to get a work visa?

I am new to this...Can you please help me? Margaret

Old Oct 4th 2002, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: see a job, want to come, fastest way to get a work visa?

Originally posted by pollyanna:
I am new to this...Can you please help me? Margaret
For a start, you need to give a FEW more details - like where exactly is this job? New Zealand? Australia?

You can always check out the immigration website for the country where this job is - look up 'work visa/permit' requirements. NZ won't give you a work visa unless/until you actually have a job offer.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz

Has this job actually been offered to you or do you still need to interview for it? I understand that DESPITE what their website says to the contrary, you may be able to go out to NZ on a visitor visa, and if you're then offered the job you SHOULD be able to apply for a work permit right there in NZ without having to return home. (If applicable, call NZ immigration to confirm this - I don't think it's something that's loudly broadcast)

Kampai,
TA
Old Oct 4th 2002, 4:24 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: see a job, want to come, fastest way to get a work visa?

Q I wish to work in New Zealand. Can I apply for a visitor visa, and on arrival apply for a work permit?

A If you wish to work in NZ, you must apply for a work visa before arrival. Visitor policy requires you have the genuine intention of visiting NZ. If you have the intention to work in NZ, you must apply for the appropriate work visa overseas. Failure to do so may result in you being refused entry at the border.

I pasted the above from the NZIS website. Your intentions are the crux of the matter.

If, however, you genuinely went to NZ as a visitor and decided to stay and look for a job when you 'fell in love' with the country, that might be treated leniently.

Don