Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

security window screens

security window screens

Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:54 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default security window screens

While washing my windows today got stuck when I got to the back of the house as the windows have the security screens on, does anyone have any ideas as how to clean the window behind the screen?????
There must be a way. Hubby suggested removing window!!!!

Jenny
Old Nov 8th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: security window screens

Originally Posted by jensteve
While washing my windows today got stuck when I got to the back of the house as the windows have the security screens on, does anyone have any ideas as how to clean the window behind the screen?????

Jenny
hiya Jenny

Dunno about your screens but ours just pop out!! ingenious design that!! Here's hoping Perth Burglars haven't figured that out yet!!

Anyway, hubby locked himself out one day...went to the main bed window, popped out the fly screen and opened window!! People walking down the street didn't bat an eyelid at him half in and half out of the window....anyone would think it was a common occurence LOL!!

Try it anyway...mind you security fly screens could have come along way since our were installed?

love sophia xx
Old Nov 8th 2004, 11:49 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Jenny
Depends what yours are like. In our previous home the screens just popped out.. actually it was more like mangling the frame of the screens that fit into the window runner gap.. and mangling them and myself to get them back in.. The air tended to turn blue.

The house we had before that , the screen frames were nailed/bolted in and couldn't be removed.. great - what genius thought of that one?.. house fire springs to mind. To clean them, I just used to chuck a bucket of soapy water on the them and blast the screen and window with a hose pipe.

House we have now..are the usual pop out ones.. great more mangling the frames of the screen again to get them in and out .Cant be bothered , so I have turned to my hosepipe friend again , and just blast the windows .. much more fun that way, no blue air.. no sweat . Get the odd streak, but who cares.

House one of my friends has; he has a latch on the inside. The screens slide out from their mount thingy that he has got .These are the good security screens , installed about two years ago.. think the retail price to do the whole home was around 25, 30 grand.. he didn't pay that, his Brother in law works for the company who sells/installs them.. the in law "borrowed" some from his company..and sold them to my friend for just $2,000 and a few slabs of beer.. stealing security frames/screens..lol. I thought that was so ironic.

cheers
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Jenny
If you have the sliding aluminium framed windows you can simply lift the sliding window upwards and outwards at the bottom at the same time and then clean the window re-fitting is just as easy. Screens sometimes have a little plastic tab on each corner that requires sliding through 90 deg into line with the frames to enable removal, best done with a broad screwdriver to minimise damage.