Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Secure Guaranteed Registered post from Australia to the UK

Secure Guaranteed Registered post from Australia to the UK

Old May 14th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

suggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to all
Default Secure Guaranteed Registered post from Australia to the UK

Hello,

Long story, but some time in the future, i am planning to action a CHAPS transfer of funds from the Nationwide Building Society to a Forex account. The problem arises as when you action a CHAPS trasfer from the Nationwide Building Society, you have to fill out a form, and sign it, then either hand it in at a branch or post it to the branch.

Now i will be living in Australia when i want to action this CHAPS transfer, and the time between deciding on the CHAPS and initiation may be as short as possible?

Is there a way to send a document Secure Guaranteed Registered from Australia to the Nationwide Building Society, so i know it will get there ontime? Otherwise i will have to return home just to initiate this transfer?

Anyone have any experiences, if so what is the shortest times to deliver, links to any company's, costs etc?

Thankyou very much!!!

P.S. Anyone used these before?

http://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk/b...FRxxkgodLUlwdQ
Attached Thumbnails Secure Guaranteed Registered post from Australia to the UK-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by suggs; May 14th 2009 at 6:24 pm.
Old May 14th 2009, 9:18 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secure Guaranteed Registered post from Australia to the UK

Originally Posted by suggs
Hello,

Long story, but some time in the future, i am planning to action a CHAPS transfer of funds from the Nationwide Building Society to a Forex account. The problem arises as when you action a CHAPS trasfer from the Nationwide Building Society, you have to fill out a form, and sign it, then either hand it in at a branch or post it to the branch.

Now i will be living in Australia when i want to action this CHAPS transfer, and the time between deciding on the CHAPS and initiation may be as short as possible?

Is there a way to send a document Secure Guaranteed Registered from Australia to the Nationwide Building Society, so i know it will get there ontime? Otherwise i will have to return home just to initiate this transfer?

Anyone have any experiences, if so what is the shortest times to deliver, links to any company's, costs etc?

Thankyou very much!!!

http://www.auspost.com.au/internatio.../rpi/index.asp or your local Post Office?????
Why can't you just transfer the funds online????

Last edited by The Bloke; May 14th 2009 at 9:21 pm.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

suggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to allsuggs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Why can't you just transfer the funds online????

The problem arises as when you action a CHAPS transfer from the Nationwide Building Society to your forex account, you have to fill out a form, and sign it, then either hand it in at a branch or post it to the branch. If you are living in Australia, quite difficult. You cannot just do a CHAPS online without the form.

You can do a BACS online, but only in 10k muiltiples, so if you are doing say 300k, then that is 30 times by 10k muiltiples?

Thanks for the reply.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

The problem arises as when you action a CHAPS transfer from the Nationwide Building Society to your forex account, you have to fill out a form, and sign it, then either hand it in at a branch or post it to the branch. If you are living in Australia, quite difficult. You cannot just do a CHAPS online without the form.

You can do a BACS online, but only in 10k muiltiples, so if you are doing say 300k, then that is 30 times by 10k muiltiples?

Thanks for the reply.
My bank let me fax the request along with 2 forms of certified ID, have you asked Nationwide if they'd do that?
Old May 15th 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
My bank let me fax the request along with 2 forms of certified ID, have you asked Nationwide if they'd do that?
Could i ask, who certified, which bank, a large sum?

Do the Nationwide Building Society provide any such facility?

But no, i have not asked prior to leaving these shores, but a good point, i will ask, thank you very much for your reply!
Old May 15th 2009, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hello,

Thankyou very much!!!

I had to do the exact thing today! I sent a letter and 2 forms of id by oz post. I sent it courier airmail cost about $40. I have done it before and all went okay. I bank with Lloyds tsb back in the uk and just have to phone and advise them. Make sure you get the telephone number of your branch direct before you go.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hey , thanks very much, its just when you think about living in Australia, everything you take for granted like popping down the bank, if you still have an account in the UK, well you have to make sure you have a plan to deal with certain situations.

Thank you very much.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Could i ask, who certified, which bank, a large sum?

Do the Nationwide Building Society provide any such facility?

But no, i have not asked prior to leaving these shores, but a good point, i will ask, thank you very much for your reply!
I got a Aussie JP to do it, there are tons of them around and as far as I'm aware they don't charge. I bank with Alliance and Leicester and have a sizeable balance with them from our house sale and made it clear when I spoke to them that if they weren't accomodating I would transfer ALL of my funds to a bank that were.

I was transferring over £10k which is why I did the CHAPS because I too have a £10k limit.

I even got them to ring my Australian landline when the transfer had taken place as my online banking was down due to their error.

If you don't ask you don't get