Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Secret Harbour this year!!!!

Secret Harbour this year!!!!

Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future
Default Secret Harbour this year!!!!

Hi guys after a long drawn out process we have eventually made plans

We were supposed to be going to Sunshine Coast but due to problems on this side we had to cancel and have now been told that the courses are now fully booked for July and Feb 09!! I think this was the route that we were supposed to take I think everything happens for a reason?? We visited WA last year and to be truthful wasnt our first choice but loved Mandurah area thought it was great.. we are deciding to stay around the Secret Harbour area as Hubbie will be starting a course at Silver Trowel in Cannington and I am hoping that with the new trainline open it will be quicker for him to commute.

Can anyone recommend the best primary school I have been looking into Comet Bay but I realise there are 2 primary schools in Secret Harbour. Can anyone also comment on the Surf Club can you get a bit to eat in it through the day?? And not forgetting the odd can

Does anyone know much about the quarantine in WA for the dog i.e where? and any real estate agents that will deal with us back here for rentals??? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Lyndsay
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:21 am
Just Joined

sharonbob has a spectacular aura aboutsharonbob has a spectacular aura aboutsharonbob has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Secret Harbour this year!!!!

Hi,
Can't comment on Secret Harbour Primary school but my daughter went to Comet Bay Primary and loved it. She is now at Comet Bay college. I know that it depends which part of SH you live in as to which school you will be able to attend. Comet Bay is a fairly new school and has been open for nearly a year I think....I forget dates. They are modern and open to parental input..of course they have had teething problems but overall I think they are a good school. However everybodies experiences will be different. Hope that helps.

Last edited by sharonbob; Mar 17th 2008 at 3:24 am.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:33 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharonbob
Hi,
Can't comment on Secret Harbour Primary school but my daughter went to Comet Bay Primary and loved it. She is now at Comet Bay college. I know that it depends which part of SH you live in as to which school you will be able to attend. Comet Bay is a fairly new school and has been open for nearly a year I think....I forget dates. They are modern and open to parental input..of course they have had teething problems but overall I think they are a good school. However everybodies experiences will be different. Hope that helps.
Well done on making plans!

Our kids go to SH Primary school (the older of the two primaries). They have split SH into catchment areas now. Have a look at the school websites - just google them for more info.

We enrolled the kids at surf lifesaving this year, but found it to be a little clicky (maybe it's just us!). You can get food there on a Friday night and they do have a bar. There's also the golf club which has a bar and offers limited food.

There are many estate agents in SH now; some to be avoided!! Have a look on realestate.com.

Anything else I can help with, just ask!

Jules x
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Didnt realise that there was catchments for both schools?? Suppose I wont really decide where to put them until we come over and check them out!! I will need to google the SH school only done Comet Bay....

Thanks for all the input guys cant wait to get over it would be nice to meet up with everyone and see how you's are all settling in

Lyndsay x