Reload this Page >

Secret harbour, perth

Secret harbour, perth

Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

mtunstall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secret harbour, perth

Originally Posted by northernbird
Have you been offered a place at St Stephens????
Not an actual place, but looking hopeful from the dialogue I've had with them, so fingers crossed! Do your kids go their?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
hello
Hi,

Do you know Shirley and Ian Garrod of Secret Harbour, they moved out from Royton around 20 years ago? The reason I ask is that we are visiting them at the end of March / beginning of April this year and my wife was originally from Royton (I'm a soft southerner).
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

hughes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shar07
Hi, recently moved to secret harbour just wanted to know if any mums wanted to meet for coffee now the kids are going back to school, would love to make new friends does get a bit lonely. Thanks. Sharon
Hi,

We are moving over to Secret Harbour next week and my hubby is also an electrician. We do have kids, but they are slightly younger than yours at 4 and 2.
I'd be interested in meeting people and making some friends there, or even if anyone could give us some information on life in Secret Harbour....that would be great!

Hughes
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mtunstall
Not an actual place, but looking hopeful from the dialogue I've had with them, so fingers crossed! Do your kids go their?
No they don't but it is really hard to get in, I know people who have had their names down years and still don't get in. I had my name down for 4 years at a similar school down the road and was still 56 places too late. With the state of the public schools in the area the privates are very popular.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Originally Posted by shar07
Hi, recently moved to secret harbour just wanted to know if any mums wanted to meet for coffee now the kids are going back to school, would love to make new friends does get a bit lonely. Thanks. Sharon
Sharon, its Ang, we live in Baldivis and we must organise to meet up for coffee with or without kids. It would be nice to put a face to the name
I will pm you my mobile number xx
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

the jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the rough

No they don't but it is really hard to get in, I know people who have had their names down years and still don't get in. I had my name down for 4 years at a similar school down the road and was still 56 places too late. With the state of the public schools in the area the privates are very popular.
Hi we are also thinking about moving to the area and are considering Safety Bay shs for our 15 year old boy, not Secret harbour I know but the same area. Regarding your comment about the state of public schools ,are they really that bad ?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the jackel
Hi we are also thinking about moving to the area and are considering Safety Bay shs for our 15 year old boy, not Secret harbour I know but the same area. Regarding your comment about the state of public schools ,are they really that bad ?
The other poster is talking about a school NOR in Perth. I can't comment on the schools down near Safety Bay.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 12:43 am
Just Joined

the jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the roughthe jackel is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Secret harbour, perth

Sorry northernbird , I will need to learn to read things properly lol . Thanks
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carl-ang
Sharon, its Ang, we live in Baldivis and we must organise to meet up for coffee with or without kids. It would be nice to put a face to the name
I will pm you my mobile number xx
Hi Ang great to hear from you, have your number and will give you a ring one evening this week xx
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the jackel
Hi sorry I know Safety Bay but not the schools Im sorry, my son goes to Comet Bay College and have to say that he really likes it, we looked at private schools but he really did not want to go to the ones that had places for him. He is in all the extension classes and I am seeing his Maths teacher about gifted and talented. Overall I am happy with how he is getting on but others may say different. Good luck and keep in touch x
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hughes
Hi,

We are moving over to Secret Harbour next week and my hubby is also an electrician. We do have kids, but they are slightly younger than yours at 4 and 2.
I'd be interested in meeting people and making some friends there, or even if anyone could give us some information on life in Secret Harbour....that would be great!

Hughes
Hi would be great to meet up, I will pm you my phone number and we could arrange to meet up, maybe we can give you some pointers about all the hoops you have to go through for Electricians lol (not that bad really) good luck with the move and give us a call xxx Shar
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtunstall
Love to organise a meet when we arrive! How has the first three months been, have you got jobs/rental etc all sorted? Was it fairly straight forward?
First 3 months have been hard work, hubby had to go to college for 2 weeks when we got here to gain his electrical licence and could not get a job without it, he has the licence and a job so thats good, kids are in school and loving it, we have a rental for 6 months and I would advise you to do that asap as you arrive because we had great problems finding the right rental and we had to get one before our shipping arrived but thats sorted. We are just settling in now had to go back to UK for a couple of weeks as unfortunately my dad died suddenly so that has set us back a bit, but the sun is out and the beach is beautiful so that really helps, definately keep in touch I will pm you my number so we can arrange a meet up. xx
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that, I will actively follow them up in that case and get a bit more clarity! Would you recommend any other schools in that area if we can;t get St Stephens?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne UK to Helensville Nz to Secret Harbour Perth WA
donki is an unknown quantity at this point

are there any meet ups coming up then ?

been here since october
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 6:55 am
Just Joined

How was the move, was it difficult when it actually came to leaving? We are going to be in Perth from the beginning of May and we are all finding these last weeks quite difficult, I guess that's natural but I wish we could almost fast forward and be there!

No sure about any planned meet ups, but would def be interested once we are there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.