Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Secret Harbour Gathering?

Secret Harbour Gathering?

Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:34 pm
  #196  
BE Enthusiast
 
ROLLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: WAS, stourbridge w.mids NOW Waikiki, W.A.Hear almost 3 yrs.and still loving it.
Posts: 753
ROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Jules,

We are getting there slowly! We never seem to do anything in a hurry so we'll fit in just right

Still got to sign up for Medicare & we were reminded today today when Kyle had bad ear ache through the night, phoned round some Doctors but couldn't get an appointment with any of them! 1 place had 4 Doctors, 2 were on holiday & 1 was off sick! But it turned out to be a false alarm as Kyle only had water-in-the-ear which on asking about seems quite common & is cured very easily with a squirt of 'Aqua Ear' or something? Any advise on good Doctor's or where is best to go? Someone said find one that does bulk billing?

Went & bought some bicyles today as we cant wait another month for our others to arrive with container, we are itching to get out on them(well I am anyway! )

Kids finished their 3 day surfing lessons today, Melissa & Kyle loved it, although Kyle had a bit of a strop on as he doesn't like being told what to do! Have booked them another 6 lessons during school term. Also booked swimming lessons for them at Aqua Jetty in Warnbro, it's really good as the kids can swim for free anytime for that term once signed up & we can swim for free while they are having their less

Booked the kids in Warnbro Primary for this term, still not sure where they'll be going for the new term next year though

Hope to be getting a BBQ soon & off to a meet with the Emi-great lot at Harmony Park in Singleton on Sunday, Also looking froward to the Mandurah meet when it's arranged

Well, that's all I can think of for now! I'm sure your probably asleep reading all our antics above

All the best,

Chris & family

.



hi chris and fam.,

i`ve been taking my lad to aquaj. too, and again next week. havent seen u. when do u go?. harv. goes 10.55 in group 6/7.

regards claire and fam.
x


jules....................

look forward to meet up in mandura.
my daughter has to be at theatre every sun at 4 for rehursals , so if we can work arround then, it would be great.

claire and fam.
x
ROLLIE is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:27 pm
  #197  
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!
 
The_Effys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Milton Keynes then, Secret Harbour now!
Posts: 737
The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by ROLLIE
hi chris and fam.,

i`ve been taking my lad to aquaj. too, and again next week. havent seen u. when do u go?. harv. goes 10.55 in group 6/7.

regards claire and fam.
x


jules....................

look forward to meet up in mandura.
my daughter has to be at theatre every sun at 4 for rehursals , so if we can work arround then, it would be great.

claire and fam.
x
Hi Claire,

Sorry, my post isn't very clear have booked them in for new term they start 16th I think, which is first Tues of new term. it's every Tues at 5 for half an hour.

Ours are in Tuna & Salmon groups, are you going again next term? Am so used to taking my shoes off to walk near the pool area in UK, yet here no problem!

Cheers, Chris

.
The_Effys is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2007, 11:25 am
  #198  
BE Enthusiast
 
ROLLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: WAS, stourbridge w.mids NOW Waikiki, W.A.Hear almost 3 yrs.and still loving it.
Posts: 753
ROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Claire,

Sorry, my post isn't very clear have booked them in for new term they start 16th I think, which is first Tues of new term. it's every Tues at 5 for half an hour.

Ours are in Tuna & Salmon groups, are you going again next term? Am so used to taking my shoes off to walk near the pool area in UK, yet here no problem!

Cheers, Chris

.
hi,

AAAAaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh
no worries.
my lad just trying out the hol. swimvac lessons.
shoes.............yer....i thought the same........AND .........u can wear what u want to swim in too, as seen loads in t-shits.

claire.
x
ROLLIE is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:42 pm
  #199  
Thread Starter
 
julesandco's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Secret Harbour, WA
Posts: 1,496
julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by ROLLIE
hi,

AAAAaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh
no worries.
my lad just trying out the hol. swimvac lessons.
shoes.............yer....i thought the same........AND .........u can wear what u want to swim in too, as seen loads in t-shits.

claire.
x
We're doing VACswim this week - in the afternoons though.

My Mum laughed at the way people dress to go swimming - said they used to put more clothes on to go in the water than they were wearing previoulsy!
julesandco is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:24 pm
  #200  
Here at last!
 
OzzieNurse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,635
OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Just enrolled Rhys in state swim at secret harbour...seems really good and cheaper than AJ!......
Hoping to meet you all again soon...saw you in Woolworths yesterday Jules! Tried to get your attention.... Ha ha Spotted!!
xxx
OzzieNurse is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:51 pm
  #201  
Just Joined
 
simon and jenean's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 26
simon and jenean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Hi Jules and everyone

We would love to come to any future meet ups. We have been in WA for about 6 weeks and moved into our rental in Secret Harbour a couple of weeks ago. Gutted we missed this thread as didn't really have internet access for ages. We were at Kings Park aswell the fairy weekend, although kids were a bit poorly at the time.

We are going to be out of the country from 15th Oct to 25th as are hopefully getting our Permanent Residency sorted!

Keep us in mind for any future meet ups!

Jenean, Simon and the kids- Dylan, 8 and Beth, 3
simon and jenean is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:06 pm
  #202  
Thread Starter
 
julesandco's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Secret Harbour, WA
Posts: 1,496
julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Just enrolled Rhys in state swim at secret harbour...seems really good and cheaper than AJ!......
Hoping to meet you all again soon...saw you in Woolworths yesterday Jules! Tried to get your attention.... Ha ha Spotted!!
xxx
I wondered if it was you...... looked twice too!! I'm just stressed at the mo - kids school holidays always have that affect on me

'Hello' for yesterday

Jules x
julesandco is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:07 pm
  #203  
Thread Starter
 
julesandco's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Secret Harbour, WA
Posts: 1,496
julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by simon and jenean
Hi Jules and everyone

We would love to come to any future meet ups. We have been in WA for about 6 weeks and moved into our rental in Secret Harbour a couple of weeks ago. Gutted we missed this thread as didn't really have internet access for ages. We were at Kings Park aswell the fairy weekend, although kids were a bit poorly at the time.

We are going to be out of the country from 15th Oct to 25th as are hopefully getting our Permanent Residency sorted!

Keep us in mind for any future meet ups!

Jenean, Simon and the kids- Dylan, 8 and Beth, 3
Hi Jenean and Simon!

Shame you missed the last one. I'm hopefully going to organise a Mandurah one in a few weeks though, so I'll keep you posted!

Welcome to Secret Harbour

Jules x
julesandco is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:48 pm
  #204  
Just Joined
 
simon and jenean's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 26
simon and jenean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Hi Jules

Thanks very much, hopefully will get to meet you and others at the next meet up. Will also be good for our kids to make some local friends!

Jenean and Simon
simon and jenean is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:06 am
  #205  
Thread Starter
 
julesandco's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Secret Harbour, WA
Posts: 1,496
julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by simon and jenean
Hi Jules

Thanks very much, hopefully will get to meet you and others at the next meet up. Will also be good for our kids to make some local friends!

Jenean and Simon
Hi again - how old are they and what school do they go to?

Sorry if you've already posted - had 2 G&T's tonight - well it was my birthday yesterday, so I'm allowed

Jules x
julesandco is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:38 am
  #206  
Just Joined
 
simon and jenean's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 26
simon and jenean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Hi Jules

Happy birthday for yesterday. Dylan is 8 and will be starting at Comet Bay Primary. He was supposed to be starting when they go back but as we are going out the country to sort our PR out it will be another couple of weeks after that. He has loved having loads of time away from school as he had the summer holidays in the UK before we arrived and hasn't started yet! He wants to make friends though.

Beth is 3, so won't be at school for what seems like ages. However, hopefully she will go to childcare centre when I manage to get a job. Thought I had one in Manduarah the other day, but didn't come off. All the childcare centres (ABC) from SH to Mandurah were full, other than one which was behind where I would have been working. Just hope we will find one when I do get a job! She is lovely though, everytime she sees an ABC childcare centre she says "my nursery"!

What about your kids?

Don't worry about the drink, I'm on the wine and not my birthday for months. My husband really likes your signature thing.

Jenean
simon and jenean is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:44 am
  #207  
Thread Starter
 
julesandco's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Secret Harbour, WA
Posts: 1,496
julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by simon and jenean
Hi Jules

Happy birthday for yesterday. Dylan is 8 and will be starting at Comet Bay Primary. He was supposed to be starting when they go back but as we are going out the country to sort our PR out it will be another couple of weeks after that. He has loved having loads of time away from school as he had the summer holidays in the UK before we arrived and hasn't started yet! He wants to make friends though.

Beth is 3, so won't be at school for what seems like ages. However, hopefully she will go to childcare centre when I manage to get a job. Thought I had one in Manduarah the other day, but didn't come off. All the childcare centres (ABC) from SH to Mandurah were full, other than one which was behind where I would have been working. Just hope we will find one when I do get a job! She is lovely though, everytime she sees an ABC childcare centre she says "my nursery"!

What about your kids?

Don't worry about the drink, I'm on the wine and not my birthday for months. My husband really likes your signature thing.

Jenean
We run our own business - I keep trying to resign, but hubby won't let me

We've got 3 little angels..... Sam (10), Darcie (6) and Adam (3). The older ones go to Secret Harbour Primary and Addy goes to the ABC in Secret Harbour, Mons and Weds.

School holidays are a nightmare when trying to run the business - they get sshhhhh'ed constantly! Never mind, only got to go through til Tuesday *argh*

Why do you ahve to go off-shore for your PR then? What visa are you on now? Don't understand a lot of this visa malarky - we're not PR, so we're second class citizens anyway

Take care and if there's anything we can do to help, just shout!

Jules x
julesandco is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:00 am
  #208  
Just Joined
 
simon and jenean's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 26
simon and jenean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

we have to go offshore to have the visa evidenced in our passports as we are counted as offshore applicants, one of the pains of the system. we're on a 457 at the moment (temp sponsorship) but if we decide to buy a house then PR seems financially a better option - 1st homeowners grant, stamp duty relief etc-think it helps with getting a mortgage as well.

i've heard good and bad things about Abc nursery so it would be good to catch up with you and get your views, can't imagine running a business and looking after 3 kids, bad enough taking our 2 shopping!!

bye for now, see you at the next meet up
Jenean
simon and jenean is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:27 am
  #209  
Thread Starter
 
julesandco's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Secret Harbour, WA
Posts: 1,496
julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

OK you lot - does anyone fancy a Mandurah meet up?

Looking at Sat 27th / Sun 28th (our boat will be out of action then, so we'll have a bit of time on our hands )

Was thinking about a get together on the foreshore? No idea what the weather's going to be like, but we'll confirm nearer the time.

Fancy it?

Jules x
julesandco is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:36 am
  #210  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Was Kent now Secret Harbour WA
Posts: 124
phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Secret Harbour Gathering?

Originally Posted by julesandco
OK you lot - does anyone fancy a Mandurah meet up?

Looking at Sat 27th / Sun 28th (our boat will be out of action then, so we'll have a bit of time on our hands )

Was thinking about a get together on the foreshore? No idea what the weather's going to be like, but we'll confirm nearer the time.

Fancy it?

Jules x
Hi Jules

We should be ok, can use our boat picked up a nice 40 footer at the boat show over the weekend.

phillip
phillip&sharon is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.