Secret Harbour

Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Default Secret Harbour

Hi All

We have been here a few weeks now, renting a house in Secret Harbour and have two dogs.

Unfortunately where we are is a little bit like a building site with only a few houses occupied so if any one lives in the vacinity and fancy a drink or barbie let me know. My other half is at home alot of the day and I think is slightly bored with not knowing anyone or having any neighbours

Cheers guys, have a great xmas

Jo
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:11 am
Just Joined

blueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to all
Default Re: Secret Harbour

Hi Jossy

I am not there yet so cant help with meeting up but I just wanted to ask was it hard to get a rental with 2 dogs as this is what we are most worried about as we also have 2 dogs. We will be staying in Port Kennedy for 4 weeks why we look around for a unfurnished rental.

Any info would be great.

Mel
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice

Hi Mel

We didn't bring the dogs, but applied for a house before we got them with the position of saying we were going to have dogs. It wasn't too bad, some owners are more understanding than other, when you arrive you will only be just up the road from us so feel free to get in touch I am happy to go through the paperwork and how to approach it if you want, and also put you in touch with our rental agent who is sooo helpful. They have a few properties in Secret Harbour area and are always looking for decent tenants. I would suggest that you be prepared to take a longer term tenancy, we offered 12 months which gives us time to get settled and understand where we want to be etc. We also paid the standard $100 pet bond and paid a couple of extra weeks rent in advance (they aren't supposed to ask for more than 2 weeks in advance here!).

You will probably have to agree to replace damages such as lawn from hole sbeing dug and also to confirm that you will pay to have all carpets cleaned before leaving (thats also standard pets or no pets).
We have a house which is majority tile floor and so not too much problem.

All in all it can be done if you know how to treat the people and explain yourself as best you can with a good cover letter etc with your application.

As I said happy to help wherever I can even if its for your dogs to meet some friendly dogs nearby or offer a friendly ear when you arrive.

PM me and I'll give you my mobile and then when you arrive can introduce you to our rental agent who can probably assist quite easily.

You should be fine, you have 4 weeks and that should give you enough time, I would say out of all the worries of heading over here, you''ll be fine to put that on the back burner

Do you have jobs to go to? You are more likely to get a house quicker with a reliable income

You'll find somewhere

Take care

Jo
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

blueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to all

Hi Jo

Thanks for the info, we sold our house in June here and have been in rented since so the landlady said she would give us a reference so they might help. My dogs are well behaved.

My hubby is a bricklayer so we dont need any licences so he can start work straight away, he has a mate already there in Mandurah who is also a bricky and he has got him contacts ready for when we arrive, so hopefully he'll get work okay. As for me I am going to stay at home and make sure the kids are settled first.

Mel
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blueisbest
Hi Jo

Thanks for the info, we sold our house in June here and have been in rented since so the landlady said she would give us a reference so they might help. My dogs are well behaved.

My hubby is a bricklayer so we dont need any licences so he can start work straight away, he has a mate already there in Mandurah who is also a bricky and he has got him contacts ready for when we arrive, so hopefully he'll get work okay. As for me I am going to stay at home and make sure the kids are settled first.

Mel

Perfect Mel, Just get a few photocopies of the rental reference (stating you had dogs if possible and looked after the house) also some photocopies of passport, driving licence and you'll be ready to go.....

We brought it all with us so that we could start lodging apps straight away, there are some awkward bits, you can only really apply for one house at a time as you have to pay a good will fee in cash with the application of one weeks rent. THis is deducted off your rent if you accept or is lost if you don't accept.

Speak soon, when do you plan on arriving?

Jo
Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:30 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Jo I have sent you a pm
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:59 am
Just Joined

dawn french is on a distinguished road

Hello There,
We have just moved to Secret Harbour after renting in Rockingham for 18 months, perhaps our house is one of the ones that is currently making your street look like a building site.
We have been in Australia for 18 months I have had three jobs and have finally given in to the not going to work, am I bored? no
I have made a few friends and yes it is a bit difficult at times but I am getting there
what do I do with my time ?
We have learnt to Kite surf ( not as easy as it looks)
We have bought canoes if the sea is to rough, we go into the river just near Mandurah
I have just got a dog for the first time ever, She is a Great Dane and so beautiful I spend a lot of my time walking her and that gets you talking to people.
If you feel a bit on your own drop me a message and I will arrange to meet you somewhere, my other half leaves for work pretty early and arrives back home after 5pm and nine times out of ten works one day of the weekend. so to say I have a lot of spare time on my hands is an understatement.

There are a lot of english people who live in Secret Harbour, you could try going to the Carol concert thats occuring at the weekend or better still if you can wait another couple of weeks Chrismas Day on the Beach is something to be seen, we are going down with our freinds their son is going to try and teach us to Surf thenits back home for a barbie and a gentle relax around the pool ( I should add its only a lap pool and not a lagoon but it does the job).

All in all even though our house is still upside down and we have got no garden to speak of its still my home and I would not change a thing,
Will we return back to England, not bloody likely.

Life only gets better
hope you gets some friends soon
Dawn
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Jode is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and Happy New Year - just wondering how things going in Secret Harbour? We are still living in UK but are flying out on 16 June 07 we are having a house built on Koolan Way, Anstey Park, Secret Harbour cant wait to arrive - maybe we could meet up.

Look forward to hearing how you like it....

Jodie
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jode
Hi and Happy New Year - just wondering how things going in Secret Harbour? We are still living in UK but are flying out on 16 June 07 we are having a house built on Koolan Way, Anstey Park, Secret Harbour cant wait to arrive - maybe we could meet up.

Look forward to hearing how you like it....

Jodie
Hi Jodie

You are only going to be around the corner from me and we'd love to meet up when you arrive

Bet you can't wait now

Happy New Year

Jo
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dawn french
Hello There,
We have just moved to Secret Harbour after renting in Rockingham for 18 months, perhaps our house is one of the ones that is currently making your street look like a building site.
We have been in Australia for 18 months I have had three jobs and have finally given in to the not going to work, am I bored? no
I have made a few friends and yes it is a bit difficult at times but I am getting there
what do I do with my time ?
We have learnt to Kite surf ( not as easy as it looks)
We have bought canoes if the sea is to rough, we go into the river just near Mandurah
I have just got a dog for the first time ever, She is a Great Dane and so beautiful I spend a lot of my time walking her and that gets you talking to people.
If you feel a bit on your own drop me a message and I will arrange to meet you somewhere, my other half leaves for work pretty early and arrives back home after 5pm and nine times out of ten works one day of the weekend. so to say I have a lot of spare time on my hands is an understatement.

There are a lot of english people who live in Secret Harbour, you could try going to the Carol concert thats occuring at the weekend or better still if you can wait another couple of weeks Chrismas Day on the Beach is something to be seen, we are going down with our freinds their son is going to try and teach us to Surf thenits back home for a barbie and a gentle relax around the pool ( I should add its only a lap pool and not a lagoon but it does the job).

All in all even though our house is still upside down and we have got no garden to speak of its still my home and I would not change a thing,
Will we return back to England, not bloody likely.

Life only gets better
hope you gets some friends soon
Dawn
Hi Dawn

We went to the Carol Concert in the end it was a good turn out

We spend alot of time down the beach with dogs most days, especially when i get in from work. Talking of work I am back to work on Monday again in the City (after a lovely 2 weeks off )

My OH Simon has now registered his hobby as a business here and is frantically working away at home

It was a great Xmas, a bit strange for Simon without his family and the cold weather etc.

Hope you had a good break

Happy New Year

Jo
Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Jode is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jossy
Hi Jodie

You are only going to be around the corner from me and we'd love to meet up when you arrive

Bet you can't wait now

Happy New Year

Jo
Hi Jossy

Yep we cant wait to arrive - not looking forward to leaving family and my daughters are gonna miss their grandparents, but hopefully their lives will be full of wonderful things to do...?!

My husband is into to motorbike scene and he's joined a bike website and is chating to lots of people around Perth and arranging meet ups - so I thought hey I best start doing the same - dont wanna be lonely when I arrive! I know its a long way off though!

Wow everyone seems really nice on hear and so helpfull - slightly different to living here in UK where everyone seems to keep themselves to themselves.

Happy new year to you all.

Jodie x