Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second thoughts or unsure? Cool idea ...

Second thoughts or unsure? Cool idea ...

Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Second thoughts or unsure? Cool idea ...

Was mooching about on Guardian Unlimited and came across this story. Intro blurb: "A new life abroad may sound like a dream, but you don't have to uproot entirely to get a change of scene, says Sandra Harris. A three-month Australian house swap does just nicely ." I don't think moving 12,000 miles is something you should do on a hunch and doing something like this sounds like a cool half-way house.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Second thoughts or unsure? Cool idea ...

Originally Posted by Hutch
Was mooching about on Guardian Unlimited and came across this story. Intro blurb: "A new life abroad may sound like a dream, but you don't have to uproot entirely to get a change of scene, says Sandra Harris. A three-month Australian house swap does just nicely ." I don't think moving 12,000 miles is something you should do on a hunch and doing something like this sounds like a cool half-way house.
Three months is long enough for someone to clear your house / sell your belongings and trash everything. But Im sure you'd enjoy your holiday

Joking apart, this sounds like a good idea but how practical is it I wonder?

You'd have to be able to take 3 months leave from work and would people seriously apply themselves to their new life knowing this is a short term holiday?

However......for some "non" risk takers it would be great as they could at least have a taste of Aus before making their final life changing decision.

I'd be more worried about someone being in my house for that length of time:scared:
Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:52 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Three months is long enough for someone to clear your house / sell your belongings and trash everything. But Im sure you'd enjoy your holiday

Joking apart, this sounds like a good idea but how practical is it I wonder?

You'd have to be able to take 3 months leave from work and would people seriously apply themselves to their new life knowing this is a short term holiday?

However......for some "non" risk takers it would be great as they could at least have a taste of Aus before making their final life changing decision.

I'd be more worried about someone being in my house for that length of time:scared:
Yea - can't say I'd do it either, but that's more to do with the state of our house than any massive concerns
Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea - can't say I'd do it either, but that's more to do with the state of our house than any massive concerns
PMSL........you aint seen the state of some of the houses over here then Hutch

Good luck with the move m8