Second Thoughts

Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:34 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Second Thoughts

OK, with only 4 days to go until I complete on my house and 2 weeks before I'm due to fly, I am starting to have really massive second thoughts about what I'm doing!

It's seemed like the right thing to do for so long, it now feels really alien to be having negative thoughts about it! Has anybody else been through this (stupid question I guess) but suddenly it seems that I'm just cutting ties with a comfortable and stable life and everything that I have ever known in favour of the unknown! Yikes!

I think I need a to take my mind off things....

S
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second Thoughts

most of us did the same thing mate, go oot and get pished, ull be fine in the morn lol
Originally Posted by Swerv-o
OK, with only 4 days to go until I complete on my house and 2 weeks before I'm due to fly, I am starting to have really massive second thoughts about what I'm doing!

It's seemed like the right thing to do for so long, it now feels really alien to be having negative thoughts about it! Has anybody else been through this (stupid question I guess) but suddenly it seems that I'm just cutting ties with a comfortable and stable life and everything that I have ever known in favour of the unknown! Yikes!

S
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:36 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

S

Perfectly normal feelings....thats the rollercoaster.

Stick in there, and live your dream. You will never regret it.

Have some K
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:40 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
most of us did the same thing mate, go oot and get pished, ull be fine in the morn lol
That's the best advice you've ever given

Yeah we've all had the 2nd thoughts. Just think back to when you made the decision to make the move. Think of all the reasons why, that should help
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

S
Hi Swervo
Where in Leicester are you - know the city quite well!
Don't worry - we went through the same - remind yourself that life isn't just about having a comfortable and stable life - it's about pushing the boundaries! And remember you can always go back - a few thousand quid down but much richer in experience.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:01 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore

Yeah we've all had the 2nd thoughts. Just think back to when you made the decision to make the move. Think of all the reasons why, that should help

Thanks for that folks,

Yeah, I know that it's just last minute jitters, but I can't help overanalysing everything right now!

I had the opportunity to go and work in Tokyo several years ago, and I managed to talk myself out of it, and I have always regretted doing that to myself. Also, I can't really see where my life would go if I stayed here - I've settled into a very comfortable, but generally tedious rut, and I think the new challeges of Oz will be something to really get my teeth into!

S
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:04 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that folks,

Yeah, I know that it's just last minute jitters, but I can't help overanalysing everything right now!

I had the opportunity to go and work in Tokyo several years ago, and I managed to talk myself out of it, and I have always regretted doing that to myself. Also, I can't really see where my life would go if I stayed here - I've settled into a very comfortable, but generally tedious rut, and I think the new challeges of Oz will be something to really get my teeth into!

S
That's a bit how I felt ..... But I got the best kick I could get. A couple at work (now about 60) both had the chance to come here 30-odd years ago but didn't. Her brother did and so now they go out to Melbourne every other year to see him and have regretted every second of not taking the chance when they had it.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:18 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that folks,

S
Well choices seem to be stay in comfortable Rutville and regret that for years to come or give it a go mate. Come to Australia - if you dont love it - who cares - you can always get pissed cheaper than the UK

On a more serious note I'm sure you'll do fine and this way you wont spend the next few years regretting not having given it a go. its not for everyone this emmigration malarky and I think everyone here must of had some nerves but it is worth it. If nothing else for the life experience and adventure. Best of luck with your journey!