Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second dumbass question of the day..this time luggage!

Second dumbass question of the day..this time luggage!

Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:47 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Second dumbass question of the day..this time luggage!

Hello tolerant friends

I am about to embark on a three week trip to Europe. Being that I am a woman and I like shoes and toiletries ,which litre capacity of suitcase should I be looking at. 75 litres looks a bit small and 115 litres too big. (I am looking at buying online).

Any opinions on wheelie duffle bags as opposed to suitcases? (I thought these might be more useful as I plan to be doing a bit of travelling around).
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:00 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second dumbass question of the day..this time luggage!

I always use a Samsonite wheeled duffle. Awesome and much easier to wield than a suitcase imo and better looking (smart casual and fits in more places). I travel with one of those and a wheeled cabin bag from the same range which I can overnight from and dump my laptop in as well.

As to capacity I tend to think that you need to see the bag size to get a good idea if it will be big enough. Just head out to a luggage shop and have a look. Then you can always buy it on line later, but only you can tell how much stuff your going to take and if it will be ok.

Good luggage lasts years and worth the shop around imo.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

i think you'd be better off checking "checked luggage" section on airline's site. different airlines might allow different dimensions.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:02 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Your still only allowed 20kg so does it really matter on the size of the case??
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by perksy
Your still only allowed 20kg so does it really matter on the size of the case??
most definitely... for example emirates give their dimensions here: http://www.emirates.com/mt/English/h...ategory=214913

i'm sure abt it... also, way back in 1990 when flying out of sydney, mum and i were asked to buy a new luggage from the airport (we had a large one, i was still 10 at the time, so mum didn't pack a separate one for me)... the girl at the check in counter wouldn't check it in because luggage was too large (not heavy... mind you it was only some 10cm wider from today's 'standard' luggage bags available on the market).
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Live dangerously, get a backpack! That way you know you are unlikely to be over the limit unless you are seriously strong! I think mine is a 65litre backpack and I can carry it quite easily and never have to bother about stairs etc.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Try www.eastpak.com
I never leave home without mine and now all of my boys have their own set too....lightweight,versatile and funky........Sounds like a sales pitch but I am not a salesman,just love their range!