Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Searching for a job -NZ

Searching for a job -NZ

Old May 28th 2003, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Kebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really nice
Default Searching for a job -NZ

Hi everybody out there,

This is the first time I have posted anything, have been reading everybody elses messages and though I'd start picking your brains!!

Looking to move to NZ but as fall short on the points would need and job offer from the UK, is this actually possible or do NZ employers just laugh at us. Have qualification in business and finance and have been told that the job must be related to it.
Do I stand any hope??????
Old May 28th 2003, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah you can get a job offer!! I was offered two (seriously). Try sending your CV out to a few selected companies. Thats what I did. Maybe you should start looking at Wellington thats where most of the companies are in your line of work.

Take care and good luck.
Old May 28th 2003, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Kebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really nice

Originally posted by valleygirl
Yeah you can get a job offer!! I was offered two (seriously). Try sending your CV out to a few selected companies. Thats what I did. Maybe you should start looking at Wellington thats where most of the companies are in your line of work.

Take care and good luck.
Thanks for that, its given me hope, will get that CV on its way downunder pretty soon.

Old May 28th 2003, 9:34 pm
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Hello new boy!
General skills points is still at 29 points.you will get 2 points for any job offer or 8 points for a job related offer. The problem that Kiwis do get with people asking for a job outside of new zealand is that they recieve lots of bogus call just to see if they can actually get a job so you can understand why lots of emp[loyers dont offer through the internet or over the phone.The proof is always in the pudding, if you were to go over there for a visit and meet potential employers they know that you have gone through expense and time to travel to the country and they DO respect that.I'm sure you mean well but see it from there side.
hope this helps
Gavin
Old May 29th 2003, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ratliffe
Hello new boy!
General skills points is still at 29 points.you will get 2 points for any job offer or 8 points for a job related offer. The problem that Kiwis do get with people asking for a job outside of new zealand is that they recieve lots of bogus call just to see if they can actually get a job so you can understand why lots of emp[loyers dont offer through the internet or over the phone.The proof is always in the pudding, if you were to go over there for a visit and meet potential employers they know that you have gone through expense and time to travel to the country and they DO respect that.I'm sure you mean well but see it from there side.
hope this helps
Gavin
Wonder if you knew that another member(Mike Steele) from Plymouth is going to Nz, so get in touch perhaps you can met up!