Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

searching for cheap flights in oz

searching for cheap flights in oz

Old Mar 17th 2004, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default searching for cheap flights in oz

Can anyone recommend good search engine that looks for the cheapest flights within australia one way.

I am here on a working holiday and i am not sure if i would find flights cheaper online than going to an agent or what.

I know many online websites back home but dont know many in oz and as online is so big it could take hours to find good deals.

anyone recommend good sites or even agents they thought was very cheap i am flexible on when i go.

I could drive as i have a car for that now but think it maybe better to fly and get there quicker etc.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 12:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

www.virginblue.com.au
www.jetstar.com.au
www.qantas.com.au

Virginblue flights are $5 or $10 cheaper online than through an agent. Dunno about the others.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 1:58 am
ABCDiamond

Flight Centre on 1300 881 866!
http://www.flightcentre.com.au/

They do say that if you find a genuine lower price, they will beat it by a minimum of $5 for Australia & New Zealand & $20 for International travel.

Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:32 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

And then they add in CC surcharges etc.
Another airline is www.rex.com.au .

A good time to book flights appears to be public holidays. They seem to whack on a sale and make some flights cheaper. The airlines will also try and price match each other during public holidays. That is booking, not flying during public hols.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Joanie Babes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
And then they add in CC surcharges etc.
Another airline is www.rex.com.au .

A good time to book flights appears to be public holidays. They seem to whack on a sale and make some flights cheaper. The airlines will also try and price match each other during public holidays. That is booking, not flying during public hols.

http://www.bestflights.com.au/index.shtml#

and for somewhere to stay try

http://www.hotelclub.net/

You could always book with Qantas and then end up flying jetstar- that seems the only way to get a flight on their new cheapie airline