Searching for a book....

Wikiposts

Searching for a book....

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

brionyj is on a distinguished road
Smile Searching for a book....

Hi,

I saw a book ages ago about relocating to Queensland/Brisbane. It apparently offered a detail insight into that particular region. I didn't take much notice at the time as we were planning to go to Perth. Since then, we're thinking about Brisbane, or maybe the sunshine coast.
If anyone knows the title of the book, I'll be eternally grateful.
Also, any comments re which are the 'good' suburbs- re schools etc. I've visited on holiday but thats all. Was more interested in bars & restaurants then...
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:17 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Searching for a book....

Originally Posted by brionyj
Hi,

I saw a book ages ago about relocating to Queensland/Brisbane. It apparently offered a detail insight into that particular region. I didn't take much notice at the time as we were planning to go to Perth. Since then, we're thinking about Brisbane, or maybe the sunshine coast.
Also, any comments re which are the 'good' suburbs- re schools etc. I've visited on holiday but thats all. Was more interested in bars & restaurants then...
Not sure of the book that you mention. We have friends that live in the Bayside area of Brisbane and they seem to recommend Cleveland State High school for the childrens education. They live in Redland Bay but say that around Ormiston/Cleveland/thornside areas are nice.

Neil
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neil.b
Not sure of the book that you mention. We have friends that live in the Bayside area of Brisbane and they seem to recommend Cleveland State High school for the childrens education. They live in Redland Bay but say that around Ormiston/Cleveland/thornside areas are nice.

Neil
Thanks. I'll have a look at them. We actually need primary schools first though any info is good! I've heard other people rave about Redlands.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:21 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Briony

We managed to get hold of a book called Where to live guides "Gold Coast". It is written by Chantal Dunbar and outlines 90 suburbs, covering such issues as: Schools, Industry, Economy, Transport, buying and selling property. It also covers property values in each of the suburbs it discusses. We had to have it posted from Oz because you cannot get it in the UK.

Her email address is: [email protected]

Send her an email and ask her about the guides that she has. She is very helpful. I believe that she was in the process of doing one for Brisbane.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Gary

Hi,

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Searching for a book....

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi there Briony

We managed to get hold of a book called Where to live guides "Gold Coast". It is written by Chantal Dunbar and outlines 90 suburbs, covering such issues as: Schools, Industry, Economy, Transport, buying and selling property. It also covers property values in each of the suburbs it discusses. We had to have it posted from Oz because you cannot get it in the UK.

Her email address is: [email protected]

Send her an email and ask her about the guides that she has. She is very helpful. I believe that she was in the process of doing one for Brisbane.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Gary
That does sound familiar. I've sent an e-mail, thanks so much.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:40 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

That does sound familiar. I've sent an e-mail, thanks so much.
She has a website which outlines the book, and of course the other publiacations that she has.

Cheers, G