Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sea shell collection of 20 yrs!!

Sea shell collection of 20 yrs!!

Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Thumbs down Sea shell collection of 20 yrs!!

I have been collecting..sometimes buying(2-3times) sea shells, coral and seeds from the forest etc....

Do i have to leave all this behind :-( i have been collecting since i am 12 yrs old and have loads of memories and beautiful shells......

I guess there is no way to take all this with me to Australia...right? :-( its breaking my heart to think about all this!
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sea shell collection of 20 yrs!!

Originally Posted by punoo
I have been collecting..sometimes buying(2-3times) sea shells, coral and seeds from the forest etc....

Do i have to leave all this behind :-( i have been collecting since i am 12 yrs old and have loads of memories and beautiful shells......

I guess there is no way to take all this with me to Australia...right? :-( its breaking my heart to think about all this!
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm sorry, but its a no.

http://www.daffa.gov.au/aqis/travel/...alia/cant-take
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Well, looking at the quarantine site you might be able to bring them in but they may need treatment but equally you may lose some of them because they are endangered species or something. If you bring them then you have to declare them and run the risk of losing some if not all of them see here Seeds would be a no unless you have them packaged and can give a botanical name for reference.

Or you could sell the lot and start up a new collection of something when you get here - or if you have some aged rellies remaining in UK you could always box the collection and put it in their loft - which has what happened to a whole lot of my junk
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Oh :-(

They mention you can declare and they will test the stuff.....so there is a chance that they will let me take my shells n stuff.....
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:40 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh :-(

They mention you can declare and they will test the stuff.....so there is a chance that they will let me take my shells n stuff.....
Forget the coral and the seeds, you could risk the shells, but they may well be destroyed. I guess the question is whether you are willing to risk that or whether there is someone back home that you would prefer to leave them with?

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 10th 2008 at 12:53 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
Well, looking at the quarantine site you might be able to bring them in but they may need treatment but equally you may lose some of them because they are endangered species or something. If you bring them then you have to declare them and run the risk of losing some if not all of them see here Seeds would be a no unless you have them packaged and can give a botanical name for reference.

Or you could sell the lot and start up a new collection of something when you get here - or if you have some aged rellies remaining in UK you could always box the collection and put it in their loft - which has what happened to a whole lot of my junk
Hmm..as i dont plan to go back to Germany and have no idea that if we leave Australia where will we go.....i think i would like to declare the shells and they can check them. I plan to send all this via shipping (sea)...it would break my heart to sell them or get rid of them..as i have emotional attachment to few of them(no no i am not a weirdo.....1 coral...shaped like a kiss when i found this during my honeymoon in Malaysia i took it as a sign from my father who left this world 5 years back.....) hmmmmmmm
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:57 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Just a word of warning.

I have not read up on anything, but I remember once being told I could pay more than seventy dollars to have a flower on a card treated....I told them to just throw it away.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

I had the most beautiful conch shell that my brother bought back from the Bahamas and a friend at work bought me a lovely shell from Barbados, and I know I couldn't bring them with me, so I gave them to a friend of mine who is a primary teacher, so she can show all the little ones all the fantastic shells that come from around the world, she was delighted and I was glad they went to a good home and will be put to good use.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your posts and advices!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Anne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really nice

can't I just put the sea shells in between clothes in the container?.... or inbetween study stuff? naughty I know.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

wont say..i havent thought of this...but the big question is...WHAT IF!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just4us_5
can't I just put the sea shells in between clothes in the container?.... or inbetween study stuff? naughty I know.
Well, you could but would you want to start a new life in Australia with a criminal record?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:53 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by just4us_5
If they check that box and find them undeclared, they will fine you for that, plus the treatment/destruction fee.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I brought a nautilus shell back from holiday with me last year. I declared it and it was clean and as it wasn't on the cites banned list once it was checked I brought it in no problem
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

forgot to add I would expect the dead coral to be banned but at the same time have seen plenty of dead coral for sale in aquarium shops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.