sea freight

Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sea freight

anyone recommend a good company, obviously cheap, pick up from bristol to brisbane
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sea freight

Originally Posted by cra1gm
anyone recommend a good company, obviously cheap, pick up from bristol to brisbane
Depends how much stuff you've got, but I'm looking at about 6 boxes on that route soon, getting a quote from Seven Seas.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

2 x 2 seater sofas, fridge freezer, about 6 boxes
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be part container then; get some quotes from the big movers - do a search on here and theres a mountain of info on people like John Mason's, Pickfords, Doree Bonner and many others, along with loads of reviews. If it was just a box we could've done a deal, but with the furniture as well you're better looking for your own quote
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard you need to have the gas removed for a fridge freezer to be shipped, if you find out how much that costs, would you mind letting us know??? we had originally said we were taking it, then said sounds too much messing and leaving it.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:23 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I have heard you need to have the gas removed for a fridge freezer to be shipped, if you find out how much that costs, would you mind letting us know??? we had originally said we were taking it, then said sounds too much messing and leaving it.
Only if its an old one... new ones or ones that dont use CFC dont need to be compressed.

I spoke to a fridge man when mine was being serviced about taking it and he said a fridgefreezer bought in the UK is only rated for the uk climate in terms of insulation and compressor power. It would die within 6 months in Oz. You need to make sure its Oz rated to cope with the heat. I'd leave it here for the volume it takes up shipping it get a new one down under.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:28 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

We got an excellent quote from White and Co ( which I've used three times before ) For around 70 boxes, professional packing of about 4 larger items and lpakaging of oads of pictures and mirrors - £2395. Which includes picking up from here in the Isle of Man and drop off to address in Oz. Best quote yet!!!!
*pearly*
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

http://www.shipit.co.uk/

We are from Yeovil, and whilst looking I came across this one, obviously we have not used them yet, but thier rates seemed pretty good, and all loads are palleted, and shrink wrapped
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really nice

Me Too!
Links to providers are fine but where do i begin,I don't know even where to begin! we leave in 12 weeks HELP PLEASE!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:40 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Sonny & Lynne
Me Too!
Links to providers are fine but where do i begin,I don't know even where to begin! we leave in 12 weeks HELP PLEASE!
If you mean in regard to shipping, you look at the links, phone some of the companies and tell them you're emigrating. If you search on here there are loads of threads about each comany.
If you mean in general, have a look at this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774

It has some To Do lists in it which may help!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Give me a shout for any requirements on Sea Freight/Shipping, only too happy to help.

Kind Regards