Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sea Cat into Brisbane from Gold Coast

Sea Cat into Brisbane from Gold Coast

Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all
Default Sea Cat into Brisbane from Gold Coast

Hi everyone, getting closer to our departure day and just have a quick question about the SeaCat.

The OH has accepted a job in Robina and I will probably have to work in the CBD.

I know there are snarl ups on the roads as with anywhere however I have heard that you can catch the seacat into CBD?

Can anyone tell me how far down this goes, i.e. can I catch it from the gold coast to CBD, also which stops should I be looking at if it does as somewhere to commute from?

Cheers

Sean and Rach
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sea Cat into Brisbane from Gold Coast

Hi, no chance with anything other than rail or by road, until you hit the suburbs of Brisbane.
1hr 10 mins by train to the CBD

Look at the Brisbane living web site for more info.

Queensland rail web site for more train info.

Regards
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by seanpears99
Hi everyone, getting closer to our departure day and just have a quick question about the SeaCat.
I think you mean Rivercat. There is no direct water transport from GC to Brisbane.

There once was a hovercraft....

WW
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The OH has accepted a job in Robina and I will probably have to work in the CBD.

I know there are snarl ups on the roads as with anywhere however I have heard that you can catch the seacat into CBD?

Can anyone tell me how far down this goes, i.e. can I catch it from the gold coast to CBD, also which stops should I be looking at if it does as somewhere to commute from?

Cheers

Sean and Rach
What's the SeaCat???? If you mean the CityCat ferry service it only operates in inner Brisbane suburbs.

From Robina you have a direct train to Brisbane Central - that is definitely the way to go.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all

Thanks everyone I meant CityCat.

I was clutching at straws really after the OH told me she thought this was an option.

Will probably look at moving further north up GC to make the commute equidistant for both.

Many thanks

Sean
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was clutching at straws really after the OH told me she thought this was an option.

Will probably look at moving further north up GC to make the commute equidistant for both.

Many thanks

Sean
Citycat only operates along the Brisbane River. Good for commuting if you live in the right place
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:37 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

We are looking at Coomera on the Gold Coast - the train service from here to the Central station, CBD is 59 minutes and trains go fairly regulary. I too will be doing the daily commute.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

Sean
I wouldn't rule out Robina.....the express train is less than 1h10mins into the CBD....moving further north on the GC won't really save you much time, you may have a longer journey to the train station.

At least if you are in Robina one of you has a leisurely commute.

Personally I'd rather live on the southern end of the GC than further north.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I wouldn't rule out Robina.....the express train is less than 1h10mins into the CBD....moving further north on the GC won't really save you much time, you may have a longer journey to the train station.

At least if you are in Robina one of you has a leisurely commute.

Personally I'd rather live on the southern end of the GC than further north.
Also practically guaranteed a seat (in the morning anyway). Further up the coast - Helensvale onwards - you'll likely be standing all the way.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Also practically guaranteed a seat (in the morning anyway). Further up the coast - Helensvale onwards - you'll likely be standing all the way.
Its not too bad at the moment as they changed the time tables a few months ago. Before you had no chance of a seat and i suppose that as time goes on the area is going to get busier so it will proberley be back to chaos soon!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

As an avid golf fan, robina was always my first choice of a place to live and I was only put off by the commute. Everywhere looks so close on a map lol.

We also looked at paradise point which seemed to be an equidistant commute but only as the crow flies I suppose.

Although, until we get there (waiting on queensland board of health) and drive round these places, we wont get a feel for exactly where suits us. Also, there is no saying that I wont get a job on the GC, just naturally assumed CBD would be the only place, I work as an PM for Cap gemini at the moment, although are skilled in Business Improvement, 6 sigma etc.

The main aim was to ensure the OH was settled and get there and put down 6 months rent on a place after the 2 week initial furtle around GC and Brisbane.

Many thanks for all of your comments, it is so difficult not actually being there and wanting to make the right decision from afar which you shouldnt do.

Sean and Rachx