Scuba in WA

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all
Default Scuba in WA

Hi all,
Many moons ago when I was working on the cruise ships I got my PADI, I did a quite a few dives then, but since getting married, having kids etc I haven't carried it on. So i've not been diving in 12 years.
We are moving to Perth in 7 weeks, staying in the NOR, but don't know if we will settle there. I just wondered if there are any dive schools in the area that do refresher courses, or would I have to do it all again? I would love to get in to it again.
Cheers
Liz
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scuba in WA

Originally Posted by Flixy
Hi all,
Many moons ago when I was working on the cruise ships I got my PADI, I did a quite a few dives then, but since getting married, having kids etc I haven't carried it on. So i've not been diving in 12 years.
We are moving to Perth in 7 weeks, staying in the NOR, but don't know if we will settle there. I just wondered if there are any dive schools in the area that do refresher courses, or would I have to do it all again? I would love to get in to it again.
Cheers
Liz
I did my PADI some 17 years ago in Jeddah on the Red Sea - haven't done it since.

There is a dive shop in Balcatta off Erindale Rd I have been in [they have a mannequin out on the main road all dressed up]. They have a dive school there. Very friendly staff.

There also used to be a dive shop in Joondalup also, not sure if it's still there.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:50 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Cheers
Liz
One at Hillarys Marina, north side - Perth Diving Academy, ask for Troy. They don't do PADI though. Also Mindarie Dive Academy, Winton Road Industrial estate Joondalup, where my boy did his open water a few weeks ago. Out of the 2 PDA is the best.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Also Mindarie Dive Academy, Winton Road Industrial estate Joondalup, where my boy did his open water a few weeks ago. Out of the 2 PDA is the best.
That was the other one I was thinking of in Joondalup - wasn't sure if it was still open as a couple of shops there have gone.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Thanks for your replies
I have had a look at they do a refresher course for oldies like me, I would love to get the kids in to it too, my daughter is 10 and son is 4, do you know how young you can start them?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies
I have had a look at they do a refresher course for oldies like me, I would love to get the kids in to it too, my daughter is 10 and son is 4, do you know how young you can start them?
With PADI (taught at Mindarie) the youngest you can start the is age 12, like my boy. With SSI (PDA) the minimum age is 15.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renth
With PADI (taught at Mindarie) the youngest you can start the is age 12, like my boy. With SSI (PDA) the minimum age is 15.
Thanks