Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scottsish Police Checks

Scottsish Police Checks

Old May 10th 2003, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scottsish Police Checks

Does anyone know whether the Scottish police check is sufficeint if you ahve only lived in Scotland or do you have to also get the check from the National Police computer also?
Old May 10th 2003, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Just Scotland, they take about a week.
Old May 10th 2003, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

Just remember not to open the envelope or they're invalid!!.
Old May 11th 2003, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scottsish Police Checks

Originally posted by jasonK944
Does anyone know whether the Scottish police check is sufficeint if you ahve only lived in Scotland or do you have to also get the check from the National Police computer also?
Hi,
Iam from Edinburgh and i had to send mine to
Old May 11th 2003, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jasonK944
Hi ,
I'll get it right this time . I had to get mine done by New Scotland Yard and if my memory serves me right it took about a month. This was done via my local police station.
Regards
Jamie
Old May 11th 2003, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

gengakev,

I thought that was your medicals not your police checks ?? You have to open them they come in the mail ?

Carrianne
Old May 11th 2003, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hibee
Hi ,
I'll get it right this time . I had to get mine done by New Scotland Yard and if my memory serves me right it took about a month. This was done via my local police station.
Regards
Jamie
I am a bit confused now. Some people say that you only need the Scottish version whereas others tell me that you ahve to have the New Scotland Yard checks! Does anybody know for sure? These things take so long that I dont want top hold up my application waiting on the wrong thing.
Old May 11th 2003, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

Well I was in the police station on Friday and if you are Scottish and never lived in England. Scottish records are held in Scotland ..not Scotland yard, so they couldn't give you your information. You get it from Scotland

However like me I live in Scotland but am from England one of my checks will have to go through Scotland yard as my records are held there.

Hope this helps
Old May 11th 2003, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

Well I was in the police station on Friday and if you are Scottish and never lived in England. Scottish records are held in Scotland ..not Scotland yard, so they couldn't give you your information. You get it from Scotland

However like me I live in Scotland but am from England one of my checks will have to go through Scotland yard as my records are held there.

Hope this helps
Hi,
I think you will find that all records are kept in NSYard There is no such place in Scotland that keeps these records.
If i am wrong then i stand corrected .But when i applied i had to get my check sent via Fettes which is Police Headquarters in Edinburgh down to Scotland Yard for confirmation before it was acceptwed and it can take up to 40 days .
This was on the advice of my agent at the time. Not sure if that is the case now.
Regards
Jamie
Old May 12th 2003, 7:41 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by GengaKev
Just remember not to open the envelope or they're invalid!!.

Please, please, please open your Scottish police checks. They will not be invalid but there was a mistake on ours so you have to open them to ensure the data held on you is correct!

Also when filling in the form for Scottish police checks ensure you tick section 5, not section 6. (Section 6 is for English checks and these take weeks to get back)

Mel
Old May 12th 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Are Scottish only acceptable .
What if you have commited a crime South of The Border ????
This will not be registered with your local Headquarters.
Will AHC Accept local only????
just a thought as it will only cause extra heartache if they are sent back.

Regards
Jamie.
Old May 13th 2003, 8:00 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by hibee
Are Scottish only acceptable .
What if you have commited a crime South of The Border ????
This will not be registered with your local Headquarters.
Will AHC Accept local only????
just a thought as it will only cause extra heartache if they are sent back.

Regards
Jamie.
You only have to apply for a police check for any country that you have lived in for twelve months or more. I have never lived anywhere other than Scotland, so I only needed Scottish police checks. These do not come from Scotland Yard, which is where the English and Welsh police checks come from (confusing, no?)

If you have lived in both Scotland and England, then you will need checks from Scotland and from Scotland yard.

Hope this makes sence

Mel

PS remember to open your police checks to check for errors!!!!!